X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxSelect Caulk Gun $ Reduction

I was at HD today picking up the Wagner Paint Crew (another great deal, $49 after rebate, ends today) and saw that the caulk gun was reduced to $59.50. I had it price checked to verify. It's still too much for me to purchase because of the very limited use I'd get out of it. If it drops down to $25 or so then I'll consider it.

Re: MaxSelect Caulk Gun $ Reduction

Originally posted by mdm View Post
    I was at HD today picking up the Wagner Paint Crew (another great deal, $49 after rebate, ends today) and saw that the caulk gun was reduced to $59.50. I had it price checked to verify. It's still too much for me to purchase because of the very limited use I'd get out of it. If it drops down to $25 or so then I'll consider it.
    I almost bought the Wagner last weekend but my HD had it for $99 after mail in rebate.

Reg $199 on sale for $149 then $50 mail in.

Comment

I bought the Wagner this week and I really enjoyed working with it.
      The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
        the caulk gun was reduced to $59.50. I had it price checked to verify. It's still too much for me to purchase because of the very limited use I'd get out of it. If it drops down to $25 or so then I'll consider it.
        FYI: LOCAL HD moved all their max-select caulk guns to a clearance area and yellow tagged them to $49

Comment

MaxSelect caulking gun clearanced to $29.50 in Stratford, CT store.

Thought about getting one, but remembered I held one in a different store (complete with battery). Talk about heavy, I can only imagine with a tube of caulk (or even worse a LARGE tube of caulk)

Comment

Picked the caulk gun up for $29 in Poughkeepsie. They still had 3 or 4 left. It is heavy, but for $29..........

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
              MaxSelect caulking gun clearanced to $29.50 in Stratford, CT store.

Thought about getting one, but remembered I held one in a different store (complete with battery). Talk about heavy, I can only imagine with a tube of caulk (or even worse a LARGE tube of caulk)
              I went to the HD because of your post but this LOCAL HD had the MaxSelect caulk gun marked down to $24.50. I considered the weight issue but the cost factor was no longer a problem. It should perform well and another user stated that it had good "brakes" for flow control.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                I went to the HD because of your post but this LOCAL HD had the MaxSelect caulk gun marked down to $24.50. I considered the weight issue but the cost factor was no longer a problem. It should perform well and another user stated that it had good "brakes" for flow control.
                And because of your post I did the same You are right, at the price its not really an issue. Heck I paid 10 bux just for a cheap large tube gun to put down some self levelling sealant.

29 bux (not down to 24.50 here yet, but I got the last one so it probably wont ever be) isnt bad to be able to just press a trigger.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                  Could someone please post the sku for this tool....my three local borgs are out and no remaining stickers showing this tool. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by atom12 View Post
                    Could someone please post the sku for this tool....my three local borgs are out and no remaining stickers showing this tool. Thanks!
                    MaxSelect R8804
                    US 593-204
                    CAN 127-919
                    UPC 6-48846 05266-3
                    HD 1602 just out of PA two left as of Sun

Comment

I guess I'll have to go see if there are any left around here if it's down to $24.50.

Comment

I guess I don't need one. The only store that had them was bought out by someone for business use. Apparently they wanted the Ryobi caulk gun but it wasn't in stock so they bought the last 4 Ridgid guns and picked up the 18v batteries and chargers also. Bowling Green is suppose to have 2 in stock if anyone in the area is interested.

Comment

had eye on it for awhile... Yes, they still show and ring up the $59 price. I went into HD (Beaverton, OR) on my way home from work and noticed they had only one on the shelf. I saw the tool guy with the portable pricing cart and inquired about remaining stock, only to find that it WAS the last one in the store. After that information, I went on to inform him that since I knew that HD would no longer be carrying this item and that other HDs marked them to $24.50 to move them out. I then asked him since it WAS the last one in store, if they would be willing to mark it down further..... He stated that he had to talk to the asst. manager, but since it wasn't in the system for that price in the area, he had doubts. Guy comes back and said they will let it go for $30. sold! Also, he stated that the N.Portland, OR location has one in stock. I know that the Vancouver, WA location had 4-5 two weeks ago.

NE Portland #4004 11633 NE Glen Widing Dr
                          Portland, OR 97220
                          (503)252-0188

Vancouver, WA #4718 8601 NE Andresen Rd
                          Vancouver, WA 98665
                          (360)253-3993

Good Luck!

Comment

Lucky you... the Liberty Lake (WA) store had 4~5 brand spanking new marked at $59 a few weeks ago, and when I was there last Thursday they had onyl one .. torn box, no paperwork, and DIRTY.. as if used & returned. Still raung at $59 and when the guy in the dept asked the Assist Mgr if he would allow for further discount .. the a%^%*& said "give him 10%".

I told him not to waste my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post
                              Lucky you... the Liberty Lake (WA) store had 4~5 brand spanking new marked at $59 a few weeks ago, and when I was there last Thursday they had onyl one .. torn box, no paperwork, and DIRTY.. as if used & returned. Still raung at $59 and when the guy in the dept asked the Assist Mgr if he would allow for further discount .. the a%^%*& said "give him 10%".

I told him not to waste my time.
                              I would check all the HD stores near you, even the one in C d'A as they are not that far from you. Call and ask regarding the on-hand stock and then make your move as I did!

Comment

Working...
                              X