Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS2400 table saw (reconditioned)

I want to buy a Ridgid 10 inch job site table saw (TS24xx)
    Home Depot web site has a new TS2410LS with free shipping for $449. Also have a reconditioned ZRTS2400LS for $349. Opinion -- is the $100 discount worth the risk of buying a reconditioned saw (1 year warrantee)? I probably can use a 10% discount coupon with either saw. Also is there any difference between a TS2400 and TS2401? Has anyone seen any better deals?

Re: Ridgid TS2400 table saw (reconditioned)

Originally posted by rjniles View Post
    Home Depot web site has a new TS2410LS with free shipping for $449. Also have a reconditioned ZRTS2400LS for $349. Opinion -- is the $100 discount worth the risk of buying a reconditioned saw (1 year warrantee)? I probably can use a 10% discount coupon with either saw. Also is there any difference between a TS2400 and TS2401? Has anyone seen any better deals?
    Not a big fan of reconditioned tools but what did they recondition? Was it a return? I would take the 10% off and get the LSA with the new table saw. The TS2400 stand looks more robust than the new version.
    FYI: Costco is selling the "old" Bosch 4000 table saw+gravity stand for $379

Comment

Re: Ridgid TS2400 table saw (reconditioned)

My 2c....I buy reconditioned tools all the time and I'm happy with them. The thing to consider is the warranty. If the new tool warranty is considerably better then I'd think twice but if they're the same I'd buy the reconditioned. Check on that 10% too. I know the Lowes around me usually won't honor a coupon applied to anything with any kind of discount already going.

Finally, I have the "old" Bosch 4000 saw from before they even made the gravity stand and I've been happy with it. I seem to remember it's a little lighter and quieter than the Ridgid (or at least that was the case when I bought it years ago). I prefer the old style collapsible stand too. It takes up a lot less room in the van than the rolling style and carrying that saw is what keeps me young! :-/

John

Comment

Working...
      X