MaxSelect Planer on sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxSelect Planer on sale

The maxselect planer was on sale at home depot today for $79.00.

Re: MaxSelect Planer on sale

Is it the same Ridgid planer that usually sold for $369 model R4330?
    Thanks
    Mike

Comment

I"m pretty sure he's talking about the R888 Planer.
      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        I"m pretty sure he's talking about the R888 Planer.
        Correct!
        SKU 589-044
        MaxSelect Dual Voltage Hand Planer: originally $119

Comment

Go grab one while you still can. While you're at it, grab the jigsaw and the caulking gun as well. I've got 'em all and I am using them all as I'm trying to rehab an old building. Great tools.
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Saw one yesterday for $79. Nearly bought it, but thought I would ask others what they think of it. I only have the 18 volt batteries; is that enough power? and how long does it run for on a full pack?

I would only expect to use it occasionally (although once I have it I'm sure I would find lots of tasks for it). Would I be better off buying a corded planer with a higher rpm at a similar price. I think I saw the Ryobi corded planer for $69, and the small Bosch for $99.

I tried searching the forum for some wisdom on this item, but didn't find much to help with these questions. I did however find several comments about difficulties in getting replacement blades; is this a problem?

If corded is the way to go. How much better is the Bosch over the Ryobi?

Comment

the hand planer is a very good tool. smooth operation and adjustments are a breeze. i have the 18V planer which was sold as a complete tool (with battery and charger), but it's the same planer. have yet to find something it can't handle.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

its been clearanced out at all the local HDs here, so I am guessing a new model is coming out or it was discontinued all together.

Comment

It works great. Never changed blades yet.

Comment

LOCAL HD marked the R888 HandPlaner MaxSelect down to $50

Comment

I was lucky enough to stumble on the Ridgid cordless planer kit (planer, battery, charger, extra blades, etc, case) on clearance for $69 a while back. I don't use a hand planer a lot, but since I got this one, I have not used a corded one at all. Power is very good and unless you're making LOTS of cuts, I have yet to kill the battery. Very useful tool.
                      You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

Working...
                      X