• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.8volt Bosch Impactor on Sale

at HD this morning.

$99.00!!!

This can mean two things -

A) it is just a genuine good deal - that I'm skeptical of...

B) Or, they know that their competitors have possibly better, cooler, more powerful stuff in the pipeline - yeah, I like this one, so I'm gonna wait and see

My 12v Milwaukee is sooo lonely without an impact driver...
    Last edited by PhilG.; 07-02-2008, 09:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: 10.8volt Bosch Impactor on Sale

Its true, there have been a few postings on here about it.

Even better thing is that it qualifies you for the free PS20 via mail in rebate.

I honestly think they are doing this because they now have a Milwaukee "12v" driver (the Bosch in red/black clothing) along with Ridgids own version. I think the clearance of the Bosch is merely a decision to cut down on the amount of the same tool that they have. And it makes sense.........why carry a 3rd party (Bosch) when you have 2 well known in-store brands (Milwaukee, Ridgid) that are both made by the same parent company?

Comment

For marketing purposes, the Bosch lineup of Litheon Ultra compact tools (PS10, PS20, PS40) have been refreshed with new logos on the tool and battery to state 12V instead of 10.8V to remain competitive with offerings by Ridgid and Milwaukee. The tools have some cosmetic changes but appear mostly identical to the old models and the boxes for PS10 + PS20 do not state the available torque. The PS40 Impactor's 800 in-lbs remains unchanged despite the 12V logos. The package describes the 12V as peak charge voltage and the nominal power to be 10.8 because Lithium ion cells average 3.6V each (3.6V x 3 = 10.8V). It appears to be a marketing adjustment to keep the tools competitive in the "voltage war".
      This can explain alot about what Bosch is up to marketing-wise and prices

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
        For marketing purposes,...
        This can explain alot about what Bosch is up to marketing-wise and prices
        You've got to admit that Bosch has done thier homework somewhat - at least they've got a flashlight you can get for this line.
        Phil
        Tools Rule

Comment

I have a PS10 and 40 and they are excellent in build. IF you PM at Lowes the you can get another $10 off.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the Bosch Impact Driver discount!

I picked one up today at Home Depot. The best part is that it also came with a free 10.8v flashlight included in the package and I will be sending away for my free Pocket Driver.

Chuck
            Help me make Wishes Come True!
            Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

I called my local HD and they quoted me $149. Sale over? or is it on a store by store basis? HD.com says "Out of stock online" and has it priced at $179.
              Nobody mentions a flashlight included....

John

Comment

I think it's a store-specific sale. My one HD has them at $149, 8 miles away at another they were at $99, so I got all 4....

Comment

Yes, it does seem to be store specific. I called the not-as-local HD and they had one left @$99. I just got it and as a bonus it was one with the flashlight. I also used a Lowes 10% off coupon to sweeten the deal further.
                  Shame the free PS20 isn't the PS10 as I could use the tight-quarters capability but it's still a great deal!

Thanks to all who posted on this one!

John

Comment

my 3 local stores all had it priced at 99 i picked up my driver today. it even cacme with the free flashlight. gonna send in the form for my free ps20 tomorrow!!! i cant wait till it comes in (even though it says 6-8 weeks)

Comment

Working...
                    X