X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita 10" slider:LS1013FL for $399 reg $499

Real sweet saw!!!! Even the motor is quiet. My old Ridgid MS1060 10" non slider let me down too many times ie board too wide to be cut!!! I bought mine today!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Makita 10" slider:LS1013FL for $399 reg $499

Originally posted by Akita View Post
    Real sweet saw!!!! Even the motor is quiet. My old Ridgid MS1060 10" non slider let me down too many times ie board too wide to be cut!!! I bought mine today!!!
    I believe the saws are availble at the Home Depot!!! I seen one there!!! Not many left!!!

Comment

Great deal on a great new power tool. Show us a new project when you can.

Comment

That saw is OK for $200, not more. It has an almost nonexistent fence, the sideways bevel scale is horrendous, the bevel detents don't stop tightly on zero, the motor is in the way on right bevels, the bevel scale is a cheap sticker, the little tab behind the flip fence breaks off if you even look at it wrong, the laser is not visible in normal daylight, and the vertical grip handle stinks. It's a good saw for cutting rough 2x4's and firewood.

Comment

Shhhhh ... I have my own eyes on a nice Bosch SCMS as I think it is much better than that Makita but it also costs a good bit more.

There really is only one good miter saw and sadly they haven't been made for a long time. MILLERS-FALLS
          Last edited by Old Grunter; 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
            That saw is OK for $200, not more. It has an almost nonexistent fence, the sideways bevel scale is horrendous, the bevel detents don't stop tightly on zero, the motor is in the way on right bevels, the bevel scale is a cheap sticker, the little tab behind the flip fence breaks off if you even look at it wrong, the laser is not visible in normal daylight, and the vertical grip handle stinks. It's a good saw for cutting rough 2x4's and firewood.
            Uh I'm speechless!!!!! The Makita won best buy and 2nd place on the sliding miter saw test that woodworkers journal June 2008 had. 1st place went to festool kapex. Thankfully I am a amatuer wood worker and build small projects. I'll let you know any short comings I find!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grunter View Post
              Shhhhh ... I have my own eyes on a nice Bosch SCMS as I think it is much better than that Makita but it also costs a good bit more.

There really is only one good miter saw and sadly they haven't been made for a long time. MILLERS-FALLS
              Never heard of MILLERS-FALLS, but I can tell you that I love my Bosch 10" SCMS 4410L.

I use the heck out of it, have it on the older stycle MSUV, use it for rough 2x4s, 2x8s, 4x4s, plenty of 1-bys, and even for my little bitty 9/16" x 5/8" ogee profile molding pieces.

Big ol' fence, solid as a rock, accurate out of the box, good blade, fine cuts, micro-adjustable... ahhh, and even that silly adjustable handle (I have it at 45-degrees, which is sooo comfy!)

I've seen it as low as $470 on Amazon, if you're patient and check every day.

Okay, the thread was about the good deal on the Makita, but I hate to miss an opportunity to rave about a superior quality product.

Comment

Akita2

There are a good many people on this forum that own and really love the same model Makita you have, only they have the older version without the laser. I'm sure it's miles better than the one you replaced. Not having to listen to clashing gears and a real screamer motor has got to be nice. The Makita = Much less *&^%$# noise and that's a very good thing in itself.
                Last edited by Old Grunter; 08-09-2008, 11:00 PM.

Comment

It's relatively quite and that's all it's got going for it.

I also have a Bosch 4410 (4410L w/o laser) and it is one of the best miter saws I've used.

Comment

Newman

While I do like the Bosch much better myself come on and confess that you are either married to or are engaged to MISS BOSCH.

Comment

I wish that were the case, then I'd get my tools for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X