Delta 1HP Dust Collector at Lowes - $44.75

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 1HP Dust Collector at Lowes - $44.75

Lowes is clearancing out Delta AP400 dust collectors. The price in the computer is $62, but with a scanned receipt from Las Vegas, I got the Poughkeepsie store to match it for me at $44.75.

This WoodNet thread has the Las Vegas receipt:
    http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...90#Post3806659

And I've attached my Poughkeepsie, NY receipt which can help if you are closer to NY than NV. The Poughkeepsie computer says they should have two left.

I don't know if the dust collector or $3.99 gas on the way there was a better deal.
    Attached Files

Re: Delta 1HP Dust Collector at Lowes - $44.75

Regular down here in MD is now under $3.70/gallon in many areas. I bet way out it may be under $3.60/gallon. Super 93 is still over $4.00 however and Plus 89 is too high so people do a custom blend of regular and super if they are smart.

As for the dust collector, maybe some of us can think up new uses for it at that price. I might grab one for just the motor and blower.

I wonder if this may mean that Lowes is dropping Delta or maybe just some items.
    Last edited by Old Grunter; 08-13-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grunter View Post
      Regular down here in MD is now under $3.70/gallon in many areas. I bet way out it may be under $3.60/gallon. Super 93 is still over $4.00 however and Plus 89 is too high so people do a custom blend of regular and super if they are smart.

As for the dust collector, maybe some of us can think up new uses for it at that price. I might grab one for just the motor and blower.

I wonder if this may mean that Lowes is dropping Delta or maybe just some items.
      Delta seems to have replaced the AP400 with the 50-720. Lowes up here used to have the AP400 but now only has the 50-720. If they still had a '400 it would have saved me a good amount as I just went and got a 50-760 via Ebay/MS Live cashback. But I guess the 50-760 should last me for a LOOONG time.

Comment

Your 50-760 should last a good long time and you have a good bit more air flow. You can thus connect it up to several machines as needed. Depending on the cost to you, I bet it's money well invested.

I did note that the 50-720 and 50-760 claim a 1 micron rating on the bags. I think the bags on older models were 5 microns. This should do better when it comes to not passing fine dust back into the room. One other nice thing about the 1-1/2 HP motor on the 50-760 is that it's 120/240 Volts. If you have 240 Volts near it, go for it. The 1HP motor on the 50-720 is shown as 120 Volts only.
        Last edited by Woussko; 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

The AP400 has 5 micron bags, and 1 HP 120/240 motor that is prewired for 120.

Comment

Yeah, I dont think Ill regret spending the extra. After all, it is my health (and my wife and kids while we're at it......my shop is on the unfinished side of a half finished basement that they are in all the time). And Im sooo tired of sweeping up and trying to hop over sawdust.

From what Ive read, the AP400 started as 30 micron and at some point Delta changed over to 5 micron. The 50-720 replacement model was (is) 1 micron from the start.

And also, Ive read that to convert the 50-760 over to 240V use, you have to buy a different on switch. Kinda cheesy, but I guess it keeps costs down.
            Last edited by chrisexv6; 08-13-2008, 02:32 PM.

Comment

For 240 Volts you really should break both sides of the line. That's L1 and L2 as you no longer have L1 and Neutral. This means a double pole single throw switch is needed. I would think they would use one from the factory but maybe they are just too cheap. The new (and some not so new) Delta products made in Taiwan and maybe China now are corner cutters.

Comment

got the last (floor model) ap400 in the Poughkeepsie store today. manager wouldn't budge off $55. still, for a dual voltage motor dust collector, that's a hard price to beat. let's see what Lowes corporate has to say about matching the $44.75 price.

cpw...have you used yours yet? any practical feedback available yet?
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                  cpw...have you used yours yet? any practical feedback available yet?
                  I've assembled it and used it to pick up chips from the floor; but not yet hooked to a machine. I need the 4" to 2.5" reducer first.

Comment

i tried mine with the reducer (4>2.5), it didn't like it. the upper bag decreased in inflated volume and the motor began to strain as the impeller was starving for air volume. curious to see if you have a similar experience.

BTW..thanks for the heads up on the price reduction.

Comment

i tried mine with the reducer (4>2.5), it didn't like it. the upper bag decreased in inflated volume and the motor began to strain as the impeller was starving for air volume. curious to see if you have a similar experience.
                      I hope it will work well on the 2.5 port, because the TS3650 is the main thing I want to use it for. The classic solution to the problem is to open another blast gate, at least part way, in addition to the restricted port. It seems counter intuitive, but it is supposed to work.

Comment

The reducer will really cut the air flow. Dust collectors are made to run with the O E size hose and not much ducting. I'm going to see if there is such a thing as a dust collector with a two or 3 stage (series) fan like a good vacuum cleaner uses. That way you get higher suction but less air flow running it wide open but with a reducer and smaller hose it should really work. The motor would have to be sized based on worst possible use conditions.

Comment

i attached the 4" dust collection hose to the mounting flange that came with this kit
                          http://www.westerntool.com/product.htm?pid=437005

you get the mounting flange, 2 clamps and a great 10' hose for 19.99. using the ridgid table saw dust collection accessory designed for pre 3650 table saws, i cut a hole on the only flat portion of the collector accessory( the removable door). double sided tape sealed the pioneer flange to the dust collector accessory and 1/2" self tapping sheet metal screws connected the flange to the accessory. now i can use both my dust collector and shop vac together to capture saw dust. first start up resulted in not only the dust from cuts being captured but the dust that had accumulated in corners of the saw cabinet was almost entirely removed.

this is the ridgid table saw dust collection accessory:
                          http://www.ridgidparts.com/pdf/AC1098.pdf
                          Last edited by FINER9998; 08-30-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

i attached the 4" dust collection hose to the mounting flange that came with this kit
                            http://www.westerntool.com/product.htm?pid=437005

you get the mounting flange, 2 clamps and a great 10' hose for 19.99. using the ridgid table saw dust collection accessory designed for pre 3650 table saws, i cut a hole on the only flat portion of the collector accessory( the removable door). double sided tape sealed the pioneer flange to the dust collector accessory and 1/2" self tapping sheet metal screws connected the flange to the accessory. now i can use both my dust collector and shop vac together to capture saw dust. first start up resulted in not only the dust from cuts being captured but the dust that had accumulated in corners of the saw cabinet was almost entirely removed.

this is the ridgid table saw dust collection accessory:
                            http://www.ridgidparts.com/pdf/AC1098.pdf
                            Finer how did you get the AC1098? I tried punching that into a cart; but it tells me that the part isn't available anymore. Does it work for the TS3650, the manual only lists the 2400 series.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              Finer how did you get the AC1098? I tried punching that into a cart; but it tells me that the part isn't available anymore. Does it work for the TS3650, the manual only lists the 2400 series.
                              My Q too. I think they dropped this when the 3650 came out because the 3650 has the built-in shroud around the blade with the 2.5" port on it already. Never saw a 2424 or earlier model so maybe they did not have this feature.

How big is this collector? Does it cover the whole bottom of the saw cabinet? That is basically what I made for mine but it covers the bottom opening of the cabinet, and slopes down toward the back of the saw where i attach a 4" hose. I left the 2.5" shroud on and left it dump into the bin. Works pretty well.
                              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                              X