X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camera Deal $79

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    Just picked one up.Thanks Josh.
    Please post on how you like/hate it once you've given it a good testing.

Comment

has anyone noticed that there is a free after mail in rebate photo quality printer offered with this digital camera purchase? picked mine up yesterday, looking forward to trying it out. still, wish someone would make a digital "body" that i could attach to my old nikon ftn slr.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Just picked one up.Thanks Josh.
        Adam, what color did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          has anyone noticed that there is a free after mail in rebate photo quality printer offered with this digital camera purchase? picked mine up yesterday, looking forward to trying it out. still, wish someone would make a digital "body" that i could attach to my old nikon ftn slr.
          Some of the digital SLR bodies from Canon and Nikon will accept their older series lenses. But tf they are not auto-focus then you will be doing it manually just as you were with your 35mm SLR. There are also adapters available (third party) that will adapt your older lenses, but again you will probably lose some automatic functions.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Well when I hit the link the sale was over but I just broke my camera so I thought for the hard use I do I would try the little $99 dollar unit so far it works fine for jobsite stuff. Thanks Josh
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

FINER

You may want to discuss your older NIKKOR (Nikon) lenses that you have with Nikon tech support. Many will work with the newer digital SLR bodies but some of the features won't work such as auto focus or exposure metering depending on which body you end up getting and just which lenses you have now.

NIKON USA tech support: (800) 645-6689
              They run long hours so you can pretty much call them anytime day or night.
              Last edited by Woussko; 09-14-2008, 09:11 PM.

Comment

http://www.jr.com/samsung/pe/SAM_S860SILVER/

Same camera in Silver and it comes up at about $10 off when placed in shopping cart. While there is a shipping fee, it's less than what retail sales tax is in many areas. They show it in black but it's out of stock for now. Ladies may like the pink one.
                http://www.jr.com/samsung/pe/SAM_S860PINK/

Check around as I bet you can find some better prices.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Adam, what color did you get?
                  Guess

Comment

LoL Yea mine too.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

OOOOoooooOOOOO.....Pretty!

Comment

FYI, Woussko found me an online source for CRV3 batteries, but I also found them in Wal-Mart over the weekend.

Edit - As an side, is there any kind of electronics, motor, or small engine repair thing that Woussko doesn't know or find?

Comment

I HAVE TO TAKE MINE BACK!!!

Last night while out with Joey,Rick,Steve and some others for Melissa's birthday(Thank you guys)
                          I found my lens protector wasn't opening all the way.

Funny thing was it worked fine when I handed it to Rick

Comment

I HAVE TO TAKE MINE BACK!!!

Last night while out with Joey,Rick,Steve and some others for Melissa's birthday(Thank you guys)
                            I found my lens protector wasn't opening all the way.

Funny thing was it worked fine when I handed it to Rick
                            That's why I suggested getting a camera w/o a popout lens or moving cover. Mine has no moving parts externally that can get jammed, dirty, or malfunction. This also means it is less likely to fall prey to a splash of water or concrete dust which you could encounter on the job frequently.

An added feature of this design is its quicker to put to work, no hit the power button and wait 15 seconds while the lens extends or the cover retracts, you hit the power button and by the time you put the camera to your eye its ready to go.
                            Last edited by Bob D.; 09-29-2008, 09:26 PM.
                            "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              FYI, Woussko found me an online source for CRV3 batteries, but I also found them in Wal-Mart over the weekend.

Edit - As an side, is there any kind of electronics, motor, or small engine repair thing that Woussko doesn't know or find?
                              Do hereby let it be known that many things I don't know one thing about. Far too many times I howl and it's just howling.

It's wild what you can find in the electronics department at Walmart and Target in the way of batteries if you look hard enough.

Regarding cameras is it all that hard to remove and put on a lens cap to protect it? How about a threaded UV filter to protect the lens, but then are they even threaded? Awwww my love of my old timer 35mm SLR camera. I love to be able to tell it just what to do and when the pictures come out bad it's MY own fault. If only I could find good lenses other than fixed 50mm for it. Actually it's earned retirement. I need to get out of the stone age and get a good digital camera of some kind.

It's no point and shoot but the old boy keeps working and working. I do agree with Bob D and his choice. There's less for Murphy's Law to make a big PITA.

P L P L P L off
                              Last edited by Woussko; 09-30-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X