Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc5100

FYI: Local HD has yellow tagged their inventory of the DC5100 from $69>$17

Anyone got any comments about this product or alternative uses of the parts like shop-vac attachments??

DC5100=Ridgid Clean ShopNetwork

Re: Dc5100

i use a similar product made by craftsman. its goos to route a distribution network for a shop vac in a ome shop or garage. regarding dust collection, it's better than nothing, but not much better, even with a 20 gallon shop vac connected to it.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Clean-Sh...k/EN/index.htm

Here is some info about this product. It looks to me like a mini central vac installation kit for a workshop or garage. If you can use it for $17 it's a good deal but only if you need and can use it. The 10 foot hose might come in handy to have if not made into 3 short hoses.

Comment

Thanks for the input about the kit. I have an extra 16 gal Ridgid w/d vac that I would like to hook up to at least 3 power tools for intermittent use in the garage during the colder months. TS2400LS>LS1013F>DP1550. The kit has more than enough valve gates and parts to reach each tool station. If it reduces the amount I need to vaccum up I think it will be worth the effort. I hope others can find the kit if it interests them because not all HDs stock them.
        Last edited by reConx; 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM.

Comment

i bought a couple at my HD but after getting them home and looking at the tubes etc, i felt it was a little cheesy and cheap.

i did sell them both for $30 each so i made a little profit for my trouble.
          i think the original price wa either $99 or $69

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
            FYI: Local HD has yellow tagged their inventory of the DC5100 from $69>$17

Anyone got any comments about this product or alternative uses of the parts like shop-vac attachments??

DC5100=Ridgid Clean ShopNetwork
            I went to Mount Pleasant, but they didn't have one. But I spied a AC9940 MSUV in the overhead, and left with it for a penny - that's right an MSUV for a penny. I then went to Mohegan Lake and got the DC5100 for $17.

Comment

great find.

do they give you a hard time when you check out?

i seem to spend moretime looking in overheads than on the shelves in HD now

Comment

Originally posted by derekparker View Post
                great find.

do they give you a hard time when you check out?
                Nope, not this time. He scanned it (I was at self-checkout, but it is pretty heavy so I couldn't just scan and run), it beeped, I paid and was out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  Nope, not this time. He scanned it (I was at self-checkout, but it is pretty heavy so I couldn't just scan and run), it beeped, I paid and was out of there.
                  That was a fantastic purchase!!! I'm not sure I can ever top that!
                  I got a couple of one-cent items successfully before but my most memorable event was when I bagged another one-cent caulkgun that I did not need at self checkout and was prepared to leave with my visa-receipt but the store manager blocked my path..... He was lucky my lunch break minutes were expiring...

Comment

I went to Mount Pleasant, but they didn't have one. But I spied a AC9940 MSUV in the overhead, and left with it for a penny - that's right an MSUV for a penny. I then went to Mohegan Lake and got the DC5100 for $17.
                    You had a thread on a great DC purchase--whats your plans for integrating the dc5100? Do you need more than one kit?

Comment

You had a thread on a great DC purchase--whats your plans for integrating the dc5100? Do you need more than one kit?
                      I have an adapter from 4" to 2 1/2" and I am going to try hooking it up through that. My thought is that if it gets starved for air, I can open up another one of the gates.

If nothing else the kit is useful to get a long enough hose for the DC to be useful.

Comment

That was a fantastic purchase!!! I'm not sure I can ever top that!
                        I got a couple of one-cent items successfully before but my most memorable event was when I bagged another one-cent caulkgun that I did not need at self checkout and was prepared to leave with my visa-receipt but the store manager blocked my path..... He was lucky my lunch break minutes were expiring...
                        I think once you've got a receipt they shouldn't be able to do anything to you. Unless of course, they want to detain you or take your merchandise, either of which would probably open them up to a potential lawsuit.

Comment

I think once you've got a receipt they shouldn't be able to do anything to you. Unless of course, they want to detain you or take your merchandise, either of which would probably open them up to a potential lawsuit.
                          I knew I could leave but I really didn't want a scene. I believe I had everything I needed to protect my rights. This particular HD has wrestled a suspected shoplifter 3 HD:1 on the aisle and it was not pretty. I forgot to act on your? suggestion about making SUCCESSFUL one-cent purchases a while back. Live + Learn

Comment

I knew I could leave but I really didn't want a scene. I believe I had everything I needed to protect my rights. This particular HD has wrestled a suspected shoplifter 3 HD:1 on the aisle and it was not pretty. I forgot to act on your? suggestion about making SUCCESSFUL one-cent purchases a while back. Live + Learn
                            It was FINER's post. I didn't actually expect to get it for $.01, but I did expect that I would be able to get it for $22.50 if I escalated it to the MOD (or called HD's customer service line).

Comment

gotta love those final markdowns they forget to remove from inventory. FYI, once you scan an item and process the payment via credit card, you own the item. any attempt to forcibly separate you from it is called stealing. once you pay for a purchase, never give it up unless you want to. the law is on your side.
                              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X