No announcement yet.

Ryobi One+ tool combo + Free One+ tool!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi One+ tool combo + Free One+ tool!

Alright, this is a ridiculous offer... I was tempted yesterday just because it's a great deal and I'd like the batteries, and not because I need any of the tools...

Ryobi Li-Ion two tool kit: Drill/driver and the Impact Driver, with two LIon batteries and a charger: $159 (down from $199).

But wait, here's the real kicker: You get a free One+ tool of your choice free, immediately (no mail in rebate) with the purchase of this kit!!

So, that's equivalent to the following, stand alone:
    2 Batteries: $89 each = $178 just for batteries!
    1 Charger: $29
    Impact Driver: normal blue one is $49, IIRC
    Drill / Driver: normal blue one is about $30 IIRC
    Free tool: Average tool price, about $40
    (but the free tool can be up to $69 in cost)

I will NEVER understand how the cost of a two batteries alone can be more than this combo kit.

Re: Ryobi One+ tool combo + Free One+ tool!

If you need the batteries just grab the kit deal. Having an extra charger is nice. Then you get some tools that you might like to have sometime. It is crazy regarding the pricing but that's wild marketing for you. The dealers consider the space needed and inventory of batteries and chargers to be a PITA for them. We know better, the people at the home office have no clue as to what a battery or charger even is. All they see is $$$.
    Last edited by Woussko; 11-06-2008, 01:37 PM. Reason: Removal of nasty comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
      Alright, this is a ridiculous offer... I was tempted yesterday just because it's a great deal and I'd like the batteries, and not because I need any of the tools...

Ryobi Li-Ion two tool kit: Drill/driver and the Impact Driver, with two LIon batteries and a charger: $159 (down from $199).

But wait, here's the real kicker: You get a free One+ tool of your choice free, immediately (no mail in rebate) with the purchase of this kit!!

So, that's equivalent to the following, stand alone:
      2 Batteries: $89 each = $178 just for batteries!
      1 Charger: $29
      Impact Driver: normal blue one is $49, IIRC
      Drill / Driver: normal blue one is about $30 IIRC
      Free tool: Average tool price, about $40
      (but the free tool can be up to $69 in cost)

I will NEVER understand how the cost of a two batteries alone can be more than this combo kit.
      This is really tempting! I've got two lithiums already (got the 4pc last month for $219 - 10%), but getting the impact, another tool, and the batteries would be pretty darn nice. I would end up with 4 regular Ryobi drills if I did this + the RA and the Impact. They should start having some sales on the raw batteries, or I'm gonna end up with a pile of tools that I don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        This is really tempting! I've got two lithiums already (got the 4pc last month for $219 - 10%), but getting the impact, another tool, and the batteries would be pretty darn nice. I would end up with 4 regular Ryobi drills if I did this + the RA and the Impact. They should start having some sales on the raw batteries, or I'm gonna end up with a pile of tools that I don't need.
        eBay - A place to try selling what you don't need and you might find the batteries on there cheap.

Comment

[quote=Wood_Junkie;186201]Alright, this is a ridiculous offer... I was tempted yesterday just because it's a great deal and I'd like the batteries, and not because I need any of the tools...
          quote]

Great Deal for Lithium batteries for my Blue tools! I may have to sell the new drill+impact tool-only because I can't stand the lime-green color....

Update: $159 kit has "compact" Lithium batteries
          Last edited by reConx; 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I remember last year during the holiday sales (perhaps black Friday) I picked up the blue cordless Ryobi Drill and Saw with battery and charger for $39 or $49. I figured it would be good just to have extra battery and charger. I even used the saw more than I expected!

Comment

I picked up the Ryobi drill, tool light, two lithium battery and charger combo months ago as a less expensive way to see what lithium batteries in cordless tools were like. I am very pleased with their performance, these new batteries are great and if Ridgid were to package and market their cordless tools in a similar manner I'm sure they would see sales greatly increase. I can't /won't spend $100 for a battery, but I would spend $119.00 for two. Come on Ridgid lower those prices and change the package offerings. Consumers like me are out there and instead of buying Ryobi they would buy Ridgid. Why miss out on the sales? Chances are there are plenty of folks like myself who bought the five peice nicad sets and whose tools are still in fine shape. Now I don't need the same tools right now and may not need them for years to come, but I would sure like a couple of those lithium batteries. On batteries alone there would be profit. Oh well, they must know what they are doing but so must the folks at Ryobi!

Comment

Doesn't seem that great a deal to me. I already have drills and impacts and don't need any more. If you get the free tool, you end up buying the batteries and charger for ~$100 (depending on what tool you pick). This assumes you want that tool and would otherwise pay full price for it. Also these are the small batteries (1.3 or 1.5 Ah), so you can't really use the price of the larger battery for comparision. I've got plenty of batteries, and don't need more.

I've never sold anything on eBay. Seems like a lot of effort to get set up (web site, pictures, non-warranty claims, payment options), sell and ship a couple of drills.

This is probably a great offer for anyone who doesn't have an impact, and knows of another Ryobi tool they want

Comment

FYI: The HD website has another Free Ryobi Tool offer but ONLINE only!! Purchase either the Ryobi starter kit P824 or Ryobi Super Combo Kit P841 and get one free Ryobi ONE+ tool

Not sure this is a better deal.....but check out the website

http://www.homedepot.com/hdus/en_US/...key=ShowRebate
                  Last edited by reConx; 11-09-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Plus!!!!! Don't forget that until Veterans day they will also give you an addtional 10% off if you are a Veteran. Cool deal!

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by RCM View Post
                      Plus!!!!! Don't forget that until Veterans day they will also give you an addtional 10% off if you are a Veteran. Cool deal!

Roger
                      OMG, I think that's going to send me over the edge. I'll get the 10% off, and after reselling the drills (I'll have two green ones) and the free tool, hopefully recouping about $50-$60, that'll be two batteries and a charger, + Impact Driver (this is my favorite tool) for less then a hundo. Yay.

The only question is.... which free tool!? The hammer drill would've been the best choice, but I already have one. :-( Mayyybe I can get out with another LIon battery kit.

Comment

OMG, I think that's going to send me over the edge. I'll get the 10% off, and after reselling the drills (I'll have two green ones) and the free tool, hopefully recouping about $50-$60, that'll be two batteries and a charger, + Impact Driver (this is my favorite tool) for less then a hundo. Yay.

The only question is.... which free tool!? The hammer drill would've been the best choice, but I already have one. :-( Mayyybe I can get out with another LIon battery kit.
                        I do think the regular Lion battery counts as a free tool. It does online, if they give you grief in the store you could try printing this:
                        http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...608-_-shop_now

I really want an impact driver, so the cost to me looks like $90 for the two compact batteries and an extra charger + the extra tool. The on thing that is keeping me from doing it is that the lithium batteries are so much better than the nicads I'm not sure I need more than two of them. The RA drill with an Auger bit and lithium is SOOO much better than with Nicad.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                          I do think the regular Lion battery counts as a free tool. It does online, if they give you grief in the store you could try printing this:
                          http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...608-_-shop_now

I really want an impact driver, so the cost to me looks like $90 for the two compact batteries and an extra charger + the extra tool. The on thing that is keeping me from doing it is that the lithium batteries are so much better than the nicads I'm not sure I need more than two of them. The RA drill with an Auger bit and lithium is SOOO much better than with Nicad.
                          I struggle with the same dilemma... I have two Lithium Ions now, and I have found they just monkey stomp the Nicads. I've had a slow period and haven't charged the LIon batteries for about a month. They're still strong, but all the NiCads are all but dead from sitting around.

I have actually started using the cordless canister vac... it's usefull now that it runs longer and strongly 'til the end.

The blue impact driver is my single favorite cordless tool.

Thanks for the link. that's the single battery pack... and that's the mail in rebate route. Hehe I was going to *try* to get a battery + charger pack for the instant register "rebate".

Comment

I struggle with the same dilemma... I have two Lithium Ions now, and I have found they just monkey stomp the Nicads. I've had a slow period and haven't charged the LIon batteries for about a month. They're still strong, but all the NiCads are all but dead from sitting around.

I have actually started using the cordless canister vac... it's usefull now that it runs longer and strongly 'til the end.

The blue impact driver is my single favorite cordless tool.

Thanks for the link. that's the single battery pack... and that's the mail in rebate route. Hehe I was going to *try* to get a battery + charger pack for the instant register "rebate".
                            You can *try*, it all depends on who is behind the register. And if one person doesn't let you, it doesn't mean that you cant try again with their boss.

Comment

Working...
                            X