• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R888 Planer

I seen this in craigslist- seems like a great deal

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/tls/915519170.html

Re: Ridgid R888 Planer

I bought one last week at HD for $50 here in NC. Check there first. They also had the maxselect wet vac for $49.

Comment

Also got one in OH last week for $50. Get it from HD then you can also get the Lifetime Warranty. Buy from Craig's List and the warranty is only 3 years from when the part was made. The one I bought was made in August 2007, so if the one in the add was made around the same time, you would only get 2 years warranty. I assume this is clearance stock since it was originally $119, and that is why the part was a year old.

For reference you can get the manufacture date from the Serial Number. The first 5 digits of the one I got were G0733. Not sure what the G stands for, but the 07 is for 2007, and the 33 is the 33rd week of the year, which is sometime in August.

Comment

[quote=Calder;187384]Also got one in OH last week for $50quote]

At that amazing price should we consider a 2nd unit for the blades/parts? There was a thread on blade availability/alternatives and this could be an option.

Comment

Looks like you can get the blades at Amazon.com. Just search for 671480001. Price is $12.87 + shipping. It looks like this is for a single blade and you have to buy 2 for a pair. Anyone know if this is the price for a single blade or a pair.

If this is for a single blade, it would make the cost for a pair to be ~$35 including shipping. That's pretty expensive.

Why can't HD stock the consumables for their exclusive brand tools?

I have a corded freud planer that takes the Bosch blades ($12 for a pair at HD or Lowes).

Comment

Working...
          X