Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List Home Depot blowout deals here....

The Lowes here reduced a "My Little Playhouse" to around $99 in some areas. I bought one for $150, and made it into a chicken coop for my five hens. They love it, and I get five eggs a day!

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
      My Local HDs have been clearing out their last R931 XLi 24V 3pc combo kits between 225 to 249 depending upon the condition of the box.
      After what I have been reading on this site about the Ridgid 24 v LI, I think I am actually going to just say to hell with Ridgid on this one and go with a DeWalt 24 v LI kit. Ridgid has just been too sporadic on whether they are going to have 24v LI or not.

Jeff

Comment

Local HDs got the Makita 18V Li batteries scanning for $39
        BL1815 Two-pack 1.5 Ah

****They are also clearing out all the left-over Black Friday 2008 stuff ranging from $.50 to $10
        Last edited by reConx; 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM.

Comment

r932 24 volt kit $649 on hd web site??!! circ saw, recip saw, drill, light, batteries charger bag, doesnt sound like such a great deal

Comment

Local HD clearing out their Anderson storm doors $140>$25 (full-view + screen)and 5'-6' sliding closet doors $289>$57-$65 (complete mounting kit, wood doors with glass or wood panels)
            YMMV
            Last edited by reConx; 01-17-2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Just picked up the 24v XLi 3 piece combo kit yesterday @ HD for $239! The price on the shelf was marked down from $399 to $299, but it rang up lower at the register - Bonus!

***Sometimes I Feel Like a Tool***

Comment

The deal on cyber monday for the 24v HD/2 batt/chg/bag for $130 hd.com; R851150.I would lookout for that kit. I needed that for the 8pc. kit as the circ saw performance is bad on 18v's. The 24v recip saw was dead last in toolsofthetrade.net test. Even Ryobi did better. I have the 18v Milwaukee set and they all are excellent in build b/c they were made in USA or Germany. The recip saw is much better than any Ridgid or DW version.
                HD has a kit if U can find it;
                [911-398 Milwaukee 4 Piece Lithium Ion Kit (V18 not the newer M18, the batteries are not compatible) Includes Impact Driver, Hammer Drill, Flashlight, and Reciprocating Saw Now $199 was $379]
                The impact 24v also is a poor performer, the Ridgid impact 18v is excellent except it is heavy w. the NiCad's.. The jig saw, HD,planer, circ saw on 24v's are good too.
                $110 more over the kit I bought for the recip saw and a light are not worth it IMHO.
                Last edited by Andrew M.; 01-19-2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
                  I have the 18v Milwaukee set and they all are excellent in build b/c they were made in USA or Germany.
                  Ahhhh........unless something has recently changed, Milwaukee and Ridgid are made in the same factory in Taiwan. TTi makes both lines of tools plus Ryobi and quite a few others.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by bigguy-pmurk View Post
                    Just picked up the 24v XLi 3 piece combo kit yesterday @ HD for $239! The price on the shelf was marked down from $399 to $299, but it rang up lower at the register - Bonus!

Really? Which HD was that in and did they have any more? One store in Appleton doesn't have any of those kits, and the other one has several. Wondering if they ring up cheaper in Appleton as well?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by piette View Post
                      Ahhhh........unless something has recently changed, Milwaukee and Ridgid are made in the same factory in Taiwan. TTi makes both lines of tools plus Ryobi and quite a few others.

Jeff

The kit I have is older and has the Hatchet. The 18v sawzall was a display from HD I bought for $65 bare tool. The Milwaukee kit I listed, if you can find one is still much better than the Ridgid. I know I have both. I only use the Ridgid as backup. I have several Milwaukee LocTor hammerdrills 18v and 14.4's all German made. AEG is the likely manuf. Yes now it is all China or Taiwan, Thank you TTI! which is much better than China usually and politically no question.

Comment

Local HD has the 3660 on clearance for 399. If I didnt have my 2400 already I woulda bought one! Not sure I can resell the 2400 in this economy so I cant "upgrade".

Comment

Originally posted by bigguy-pmurk View Post

Maxselect Jig saw and circular saw $89 clearance in col oh.

Comment

the 3660 is on clearance in austin, tx for $399

tht price with a 10% of coupon and it is a great deal.

Comment

Hi,

Here's a good deal. I was at Lowes this morning and the one in South Asheville (Arden) was having a clearance on the Dewalt DW734 planer. ($300) Don't know if this applies to all stores or not. There would be one in my shop right now if I hadn't been given a Foley Belsaw two weeks ago for free.

RCM

Comment

Originally posted by RCM View Post
                                Hi,

Here's a good deal. I was at Lowes this morning and the one in South Asheville (Arden) was having a clearance on the Dewalt DW734 planer. ($300) Don't know if this applies to all stores or not. There would be one in my shop right now if I hadn't been given a Foley Belsaw two weeks ago for free.

RCM
                                Lowes in Orange CT also running the same clearance.

I was under the impression that there is a LARGE difference between the 734 and 735 planer, almost enough to justify the extra cost. And Ive heard rumors that some HDs have the 735 on clearance for 479.

Comment

Working...
                                X