X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi 18V LIon battery & charger

Saw the combo pack of 1 Lithium Ion battery and the LIon charger for $89.00 today at local HD. There was only one left. Formerly the combo was $129. The lone LIon battery is still showing as $89.00.

Go figure. Anyone heard any rumors surrounding Ryobi batteries?

Re: Ryobi 18V LIon battery & charger

They have been $89 for a month now. Marked down on clearance. Not sure what is replacing them. Maybe they have a new battery recipe? Original price was $119. The better deal was the drill/light kit with 2 batteries and charger for $99. They are probably all gone now.

Was at a TTI outlet store this weekend. They had these same battery/charger starter kits for $99 (new, not reconditioned).

Comment

HD got another promotion:

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/2...79/dd68b0ccbd/

Attachment

Check out the link for the rebate form:
      http://www.ryobitools.com/product_pr...pactDriver.pdf
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
        They have been $89 for a month now. Marked down on clearance. Not sure what is replacing them. Maybe they have a new battery recipe? Original price was $119. The better deal was the drill/light kit with 2 batteries and charger for $99. They are probably all gone now.

Was at a TTI outlet store this weekend. They had these same battery/charger starter kits for $99 (new, not reconditioned).
        Where is the TTI outlet store?

Comment

I picked up my Ryobi drill, light, two lithiums and charger this Summer for I think $169.00. The batteries are great, press a button on the battery and a light will glow a neon green, yellow or red to indicate battery reserve (estimate). The battery will power your tool full out without fading or getting weak until it is completely out of juice at which point you get zero response. Kind of strange to get used to, one screw drives in at full power and the next one nothing, not even a slow dying spin. I really like the batteries and bought a One Plus angle grinder to remove loose paint from my house, well worth the investment. From past experience batteries were always a weak link in the Ryobi line but now with these lithiums they can concentrate on better and more diverse tools. Another great plus is that they hold a charge for a very long time when not in use.

Comment

Pesciwasp: "Where is the TTI outlet store?"

I don't know if it is the closest one to you, but there is one, South of Columbus, at the Jefferson Outlet Mall, I71, Exit 65.

Don't expect too much. They have quite a few different Ridgid kits (no individual tools), a lot of Ryobi tools, and a few Milwaukee tools (+Homelite, and Dirt Devil).

There are a few new items, but most of the tools are reconditioned. I bought a couple of tools from them a few months ago. They let me open the boxes, and gave me a battery to check the tools ran OK. Both tools looked good, I couldn't complain about the condition of either of them.

Prices around 50% of new (some a little more, some a little less).

Comment

I picked up the Ryobi Lithium Ion batteries, drill and flashlight combo last year to run my older blue Ryobi tools. Still use some of those pretty regularly too - 18 volt miter saw, portable sander, rotary tool and, like Frankie, the grinder gets use. Good upgrade for the tools and was definitely needed as the NiCad batteries were the weak link.

And, yea, where are the TTI outlet stores?

Comment

[quote=reConx;213705]HD got another promotion:

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/2...79/dd68b0ccbd/

The Link does not work any more so this is also the current promotion:

Attachment

Attachment
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
                  Pesciwasp: "Where is the TTI outlet store?"

I don't know if it is the closest one to you, but there is one, South of Columbus, at the Jefferson Outlet Mall, I71, Exit 65.

Don't expect too much. They have quite a few different Ridgid kits (no individual tools), a lot of Ryobi tools, and a few Milwaukee tools (+Homelite, and Dirt Devil).

There are a few new items, but most of the tools are reconditioned. I bought a couple of tools from them a few months ago. They let me open the boxes, and gave me a battery to check the tools ran OK. Both tools looked good, I couldn't complain about the condition of either of them.

Prices around 50% of new (some a little more, some a little less).
                  Thanks, on my way this weekend!

Comment

Well, I did a naughty consumer thing....

I returned the $89 battery & charger, along with the impact driver (I got it back during black Friday's promotion) and picked up the Compact drill and Impact driver combo kit for $179 (about $15 out of pocket). So I essentially picked up a free compact drill, another tool bag, and swapped a single full-size battery for two compacts... I was pleased.

I love the blue Ryobi impact driver and wanted a spare for when my oft-used ID dies... Well, this combo is a sweet little deal. Although I wasn't thrilled about getting the compact sized batteries, I have to say I really like the compact drill, and the new green impact driver is basically identical to the old blue one, except they moved the bit storage and now there's only one.

This is one of the dumbest tool moves I've seen many makers, but esp. Ryobi, make over the last 2-4 years: they have only one single bit storage clip. Of the (now) 7 Ryobi drills I own, my absolute favorite is the oldest one: The P201, because it has two bit storage clips, has a level on the back and top, and the chuck is actually metal...

Anyway, the compact batteries are noticeably lighter, and coupled with the compact drill and/or impact driver, it's a fairly lightweight tool and will be my go-to for overhead / wall work.

Side notes: the compact batteries do NOT have the fuel gauge thing... bummer. They do come with the regular full-sized charger.

Comment

Just a suggestion but I would rather take supplements and lift weights in order to handle the slightly heavier battery than go compact. I used my Ryobi lithium battery in the one plus grinder today after not using it for three months and the fuel gauge read right in the middle, no need to charge yet.

Comment

Another price reduction on P824:

Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X