Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS 3650 sale at Home Depot

Originally posted by tsbarton View Post
    Bought two myself. $137.01. I got one and a friend took the other.
    Wow...best price ever for NIB 3660

Comment

Cant believe these things are still floating around out there.

Comment

tsbarton....congrats on a great, great find! just goes to show what's possible when the sku gets marked down. what's really great is when a sku hits $.01 and you can scan it at the self check out and swipe your card before the cashier catches the transaction, though that can be a little hard with 300# table saws.

but the broader question is....................., how did i miss those?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

What is the SKU on that saw? I would like to check our HD hear to see if I can get it for that price. Ron

Comment

ronald...you can call, but the sku has probably been removed from the HD inventory system. deals like the previously noted 3650 are usually found either by accident or by carefully surveying the overheads at HD stores. i stumbled across a dewalt 735 13" planer in one store and checked with customer service in that store to see if they had anymore. the system showed none on hand. after looking through the overheads around the tool area carefully, i found two more. the same effort in another store yielded one more. you can probably find a 3650, but the likelihood of finding it with a phone call is relatively low (and if you find a 3650 missing box 2, the rails, i have an extra set). BTW, the sku was 105-495. good luck.

Comment

FINER9998 - Thanks. I was lucky, walking around with a $50 gift certificate and about to leave when I spotted them. Felt even better when two other people were looking at them and about to buy, but I had already gone to the contractor's desk and paid for them both. The best part of the day was telling the wife that I needed the Jeep for the afternoon to haul two tables saws.

The Bloomfield, NJ Home Depot store is hit or miss. I'll be going back every week to see if I spot anything else. Not sure what to think of the deep discounting of all the Ridgid stuff.

I'll have a set of TS3650 rails left over. I'm going to put a Delta T2 (36-T30) fence on it when I set it up in a few weeks.

Comment

so, which one did you keep, the 3650 or the 3660? i'm amazed that the 3650 actually had the rail kit, the infamous "box2"! that second box enabled me to buy a total of 9 of those saws across 4 stores for $99 each. i got lucky with one manager who marked a beat up 3650 missing box 2 down to $99. whenever i came across a 3650 or 60, i was usually able to get the store manager to mark the saw to the $99 price i got from the first store. it was one time whrere the sku similarity betwen the 3650 and 3660 worked to the buyers advantage.

FWIW, try not to restrict your searches to one store. i find that where there are concentrations of stores, there are more "things" lying around. good luck and good hunting in the future.

Comment

I kept the 3650. It was first in first out of the Jeep. The 3660 went directly to my friend, who I helped load it in to his minivan. There's essentially no difference aside from the rails in and out of the box, so it didn't matter that he got the "newer" one.

What do you do with all those table saws? Ebay? You could open your own retail store! I'm impressed.

I'm taking your advice and expanding my search to nearby cities. Maybe I can find that DeWalt planer deal...

Comment

not to nit pick, but, packaging of the 3650 and 3660 aside, there was one difference between them and that was in the bracing built nto the leg stand. when compared, the 3660 had more substantial bracing than the 3650, which was done to address flexing issues, i supppose. the leg stand on those saws is almost the same as that on my old 2412. and i did notice leg "spreading" where the leg stand cross brace is removed to accomodate access to the herc-u-lift foot pedal. i attached a length of aluminum between the legs flanking the h-lift peddle, attaching it to the bolt side of the levelling feet. helps the h-lift work a little better. FWIW.

Comment

I have not been able to find the TS3650 table saw anywhere in North Dallas metroplex -yet! Have been to 4 stores but have a couple more to check!

Comment

Originally posted by PappyC View Post
                        I have not been able to find the TS3650 table saw anywhere in North Dallas metroplex -yet! Have been to 4 stores but have a couple more to check!
                        Good luck on the search but the TS3650/3660 have been discontinued and replaced by 4511 which is no longer in stores

Comment

Working...
                        X