X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD Tool Event this year???

The store manager they talked to said it sholdnt be a problem but they need to clear it with the Tool dept manager who is not working today.

Supposedly they are going to call me back tomorrow. personally I think they are playing the "oops forgot to call you" game, but we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
      The store manager they talked to said it sholdnt be a problem but they need to clear it with the Tool dept manager who is not working today.

Supposedly they are going to call me back tomorrow. personally I think they are playing the "oops forgot to call you" game, but we shall see.
      Hrrm... the *STORE* manager needs to check with the *dept* manager? !

Smells like a run-around... somebody is forgetting, or is unclear, who is in charge..

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
        Hrrm... the *STORE* manager needs to check with the *dept* manager? !

Smells like a run-around... somebody is forgetting, or is unclear, who is in charge..
        My thoughts exactly. I was in the middle of something so I couldnt get names, but Im going to call corporate back and find out who talked to who about what.

Comment

Just an FYI - apparently the problem isnt HD, it was with my particular local store.

I went to another almost local store (10 miles away) and was greeted with 2 people to help me unload the 3660 and the same 2 people helped me load the 4511.

From now on, Im making the 10 mile trip to their store.

Comment

Chris,

Make sure you fill out the receipt survey thanking the people (if you know their names) and saying that you were pleased with the store. The managers actually read them, so it is worth our while to make sure that the good stores get noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
              Chris,

Make sure you fill out the receipt survey thanking the people (if you know their names) and saying that you were pleased with the store. The managers actually read them, so it is worth our while to make sure that the good stores get noticed.
              Great Idea! I have called the store to speak to a store manager to specifically recognize someone who was very helpful.
              Help me make Wishes Come True!
              Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Comment

I´ve been drooling over the 4511 and now with this Ultimate Power Deal going on will be prying the money out of my wallet. Was trying to figure how to maximize the savings, at a price tag of $599 it qualifies for $75 off, but if the combined total exceeds $600 it would be $150 off. The least expensive thing that I can find that seems to qualify is a palm sander for $47. Anyone have any other ideas on a low cost item that would push me over the $600 mark but not too far over? Although there doesn´t seem to be much detal on what qualifies, I assume a saw blade would not?? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xacctly View Post
                  I´ve been drooling over the 4511 and now with this Ultimate Power Deal going on will be prying the money out of my wallet. Was trying to figure how to maximize the savings, at a price tag of $599 it qualifies for $75 off, but if the combined total exceeds $600 it would be $150 off. The least expensive thing that I can find that seems to qualify is a palm sander for $47. Anyone have any other ideas on a low cost item that would push me over the $600 mark but not too far over? Although there doesn´t seem to be much detal on what qualifies, I assume a saw blade would not?? Thanks
                  If you only need a dollar, pick up a pack of nails for a nail gun. You can find pins or brads in the $2-5 range.

At least last year, you can also return an item without losing the whole discount. I bought a Ryobi tuff sucker, and hated it so I returned it. I expected to lose the discount, but the discount was prorated for each item; so I was able to keep it on the items I didn't return.

Comment

True about the discount being pro-rated: it shows on your receipt. I bought a $3.97 pack of brads, and it showed max discount of 2.85 so if I returned them with receipt Id get something like a buck back.

As far as letting everyone know who helped me, Im already on it The receipt survey is nice, but I was thinking about sending (or hand delivering) a letter to the store. Not sure about it though, I didnt want to get anyone in trouble for actually honoring the return policy that some people seem to not want to do!

There are a couple chips on the edge of my main table top, other than that the saw is fine. Pretty sure the chips are just cosmetic so Im not going to worry too much (I might call Ridgid and see if theyd hook me up with another main table piece).

Comment

In anyone is interested, the RIDGID Micro Seesnake counts as a power tool for this event.

Comment

Working...
                      X