X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Tool Event this year???

Just wondering if there are any "orange aprons" out there that can provide some info on whether there will be a "tool event" sale at the BORG any time soon.

Over the past few years, HD has had a power tool sale around March / April with a tiered discount promotion where you could save upwards of 20%. I haven't seen nor heard of anything yet this year.

-O&B

Whose gift cards have been burning a hole in his pocket since Christmas!!!

Re: HD Tool Event this year???

Isn't HD currently running commercials where they state that they have recently lowered the prices of over 1000 items? That's sort of a mini-event.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue View Post
      Just wondering if there are any "orange aprons" out there that can provide some info on whether there will be a "tool event" sale at the BORG any time soon.

Over the past few years, HD has had a power tool sale around March / April with a tiered discount promotion where you could save upwards of 20%. I haven't seen nor heard of anything yet this year.

-O&B

Whose gift cards have been burning a hole in his pocket since Christmas!!!
      Canada has had tool blowouts at least twice since new year!

Comment

FINALLY! It's here! OK, now the hard part: What tools to buy? What do I tell my wife I "need" ??? Any suggestions? Looks like power washers may be excluded from this sale.

-O&B

Ultimate Power Deal

Save up to $300 instantly on any single or combined qualifying purchase of:
        • Portable power tools
        • Pneumatics
        • Pneumatic fasteners
        • Bench/stationary tools
        • Compressors
        • Wet/dry vacs
        • Portable generators
        The More You Buy, The More You Save

Spend Save
        $149-$299 $25 OFF Instantly
        $300-$599 $75 OFF Instantly
        $600-$999 $150 OFF Instantly
        $1000+ $300 OFF Instantly

Valid 4/23/09 through 5/06/09 in U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands, The Home Depot stores only. Qualifying purchase values exclude taxes and fees. Valid only on the single or combined purchase of qualifying portable power tools, pneumatics, pneumatic fasteners, bench/stationary tools, compressors and wet/dry vacuums, portable generators and other participating items only within The Home Depot’s Hardware Department. All other power products or fasteners sold by The Home Depot in other departments are excluded from this offer. Offer not valid with Bid Room offers. See associate for additional details. ©2009, Homer TLC Inc. All rights reserved.

Comment

Whats the return policy on assembled stationary tools? My 3660 isnt quite 90 days yet, its assembled, but it sure would be nice to have the 4511 instead!!

Comment

The home depot near me sucks, it hardly ever has the sale items in stock it seems
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

CHRISEXV6...bring in your receipt and tell them that you would like to "return" the saw and "repurchase" it today under the UPD terms. if you get an argument, tell them you'll return the saw. you don't have to disassemble it to return it. and , if you have the receipt, you don't even need to the box. better $75 or $150 in your pocket than HD. firm insistence usually wins with large companies. if necesary, just keep moving up the corporate chain of command until you find the manager who will say yes to your request. good luck!
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of returning the 3660 and buying the 4511.

But I didnt even think about getting the $$$ back based on my 3660 purchase. Might be worth a shot.

Comment

What a deal!! I just did my part for the economy, drill press, band saw and 2 drum sanders ( one to give for a Fathers Day gift ). Pretty much completes my shop. I had bought the 3660 3mo ago for a really good price and also the newer 3 blade surface planer the month before. Now I get to assemble the drill press and band saw.

Have to ask though, I was looking at the new 4511 at the store tonight and realize this is just my opinion; I don't really think it is as good of quality as the 3660.

The fence is for sure not as nice as the 3660 and the table does not look as big as the 3660; as least it seems that way. I just have not figured out what is so special about it. My boss told me today he really liked it, but I had to burst his bubble and tell him I thought it was no where near as nice as the 3660; again, my opinion.

But, subject to change if there is supportive data provided since I have not done any research on the 4511.

Comment

Originally posted by wldlif7 View Post
                    What a deal!! I just did my part for the economy, drill press, band saw and 2 drum sanders ( one to give for a Fathers Day gift ). Pretty much completes my shop. I had bought the 3660 3mo ago for a really good price and also the newer 3 blade surface planer the month before. Now I get to assemble the drill press and band saw.

Have to ask though, I was looking at the new 4511 at the store tonight and realize this is just my opinion; I don't really think it is as good of quality as the 3660.

The fence is for sure not as nice as the 3660 and the table does not look as big as the 3660; as least it seems that way. I just have not figured out what is so special about it. My boss told me today he really liked it, but I had to burst his bubble and tell him I thought it was no where near as nice as the 3660; again, my opinion.

But, subject to change if there is supportive data provided since I have not done any research on the 4511.
                    The table is a little smaller, 30" rip cut compared to 36" on the 3660.

The fence is a debatable thing.......lots of people say its great once you add sacrifical fences to it. And lots of people prefer the t-type fence that comes on it.

I think the biggest difference is the cabinet-mount trunions. Much heavier duty than the 3660.

I too purchased a 3660 a few months ago, and am now regretting that I didnt leave it in the box obviously HD wont take it back now that its assembled and "used", so I cant cheaply upgrade to the 4511. Live and learn I guess!!

Comment

chrisexv6...if you are within 90 days of the purchase of your 3660, and you have the receipt, you can roll the 3660 into the store completely assembled and return it. that is their return policy. any arguments at the store, call atlanta. done it many times myself. ya just gotta not be willing to take "no" for an answer.
                      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I already went thru the store twice.

First time I was told they dont even take back clearance items regardless of condition (in box, etc)

Second time I was told they would take it back if it was new, unused, in box.

You mention call Atlanta.......is that corporate HQ?

I hate taking no for an answer, so this would be an interesting development.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                          I already went thru the store twice.

First time I was told they dont even take back clearance items regardless of condition (in box, etc)

Second time I was told they would take it back if it was new, unused, in box.

You mention call Atlanta.......is that corporate HQ?

I hate taking no for an answer, so this would be an interesting development.
                          Yes, Atlanta is HD corporate headquarters.

If you're really set on returning it, you can remind them they have a 90 day satisfaction policy, and if you are unsatisfied for any reason; that you can return it and they should RTV. You can also try a different store.

Or you could just say that you got a good saw at a good price ... and leave it at that without trying to go for the granite top.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                            Yes, Atlanta is HD corporate headquarters.

If you're really set on returning it, you can remind them they have a 90 day satisfaction policy, and if you are unsatisfied for any reason; that you can return it and they should RTV. You can also try a different store.

Or you could just say that you got a good saw at a good price ... and leave it at that without trying to go for the granite top.
                            Yeah, I will drop it after this, I promise

Corporate is calling the store. The thing that annoys me is that even corporate admits it changes depending on which manager you talk to.

It shouldnt be that way, period. Why post a return policy if you either arent going to honor it, or it depends on the store manager's discretion if they want to honor it.

I could call another local store, but that just starts the whole thing over again (ask for different managers? have corporate call?)

I just think its dumb to have a policy then randomly make up reasons not to honor it. The definition of "satisfaction guarantee" seems to be dependent on the store manager, not your own satisfaction.

Once I get off the phone with corporate I think Ill go in the basement and wax my cast iron top

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                              Corporate is calling the store. The thing that annoys me is that even corporate admits it changes depending on which manager you talk to.

It shouldnt be that way, period. Why post a return policy if you either arent going to honor it, or it depends on the store manager's discretion if they want to honor it.
                              The nice thing about that is there is always someone else to talk to you if you don't like the original answer. The bad thing about that is when you get the wrong answer you need to find someone else to talk to.

Comment

Working...
                              X