RIDGID R8804 Caulk Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID R8804 Caulk Gun

There is a brand new RIDGID R8804 Caulk gun on ebay for $95. Is that a good deal? I just saw a used one go for $78. I haven't been able to find any at Home Depot and have been wanting one for some time. Has anyone had any issues with the product?
    Last edited by cory7; 04-25-2009, 03:30 PM. Reason: update to psoting
    Help me make Wishes Come True!
    Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Re: RIDGID R8804 Caulk Gun

I don't know if that price is a good deal. They use to be priced at $119, then they were reduced and blown out as I believe they have been discontinued.
    We have one and have used it extensively for running glue when putting up panels or other large volume jobs. There is a very short learning curve and then they work very well. I especially appreciate the feature that automaticly backs out the plunger when the trigger is released to keep the stuff from dribbling out of the tube.
    One cautionary note: The plunger plate is sized to small in diameter for the larger tubes which causes the the end of the tube to fold over which allows the glue or whatever to
    be pumped out the back and into the gears and motor box if you don't catch it in time. Yep, you're correct, we did find out the hard way. Big mess! We made one by cutting the correct size out of a sheet of metal, drilling a hole through the center for mounting by the screw that comes out of the under sized plate. Save the small one for use with the small tubes.......Ray
    Last edited by roadrashray; 04-26-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

i have one of those guns. got it on clearance for $.01. would never buy it at anything approaching $95. it is way too large for any regular household use; i would see it used for framing construction, like in setting sub floor to joists.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        i have one of those guns. got it on clearance for $.01. would never buy it at anything approaching $95. it is way too large for any regular household use; i would see it used for framing construction, like in setting sub floor to joists.
        It is large. I got them with the 8pc combos that I purchased. Never really use it except on the floor joists. Have the smaller Ryobi 18v caulk guns that I throw in the truck bed tool box that gets used for just about everything else. Handy tool that really can cut down on a little of the manual work.

Comment

Anyone have one for sale?

Comment

Working...
          X