• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you need an 18 guage nailer

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Recond...8?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Harbor Freight pricing without the HF.

Re: If you need an 18 guage nailer

great deal! if i didn't already have one, i'd jump at it.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

yeah, though unfortunately I'd need the compressor to go with it still The bostitch ones I've seen in the store look pretty nice. How do they compare to the porter cable sets? Also I've heard contractors swear by Hitachi's pneumatics, even though they cost nearly twice as much to assemble a combo.

Comment

I'm not sure if you realize this but a compressor has many uses. I'm not sure how anyone could do much work without one. Even for the part time guy it's a "must have" item IMO. If I didn't have one of those brad nailers I'd buy it even if I wasn't going to get my hands on a compressor right away.

To me the question isn't if you need a compressor or not. It's how small of a compressor can you get that will still do the work you need to do.

I'd have to compare specific combo sets to make a decision, but between PC and Bostich I'd just go with the best priced set. I've owned both and had good results with both. I tend to lean towards PC for slant track nailers simply because I like to KNOW I can use all senco compatible nails. Bostich I'm not so sure about.
        Last edited by rofl; 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
          I'm not sure if you realize this but a compressor has many uses. I'm not sure how anyone could do much work without one. Even for the part time guy it's a "must have" item IMO. If I didn't have one of those brad nailers I'd buy it even if I wasn't going to get my hands on a compressor right away.

To me the question isn't if you need a compressor or not. It's how small of a compressor can you get that will still do the work you need to do.

I'd have to compare specific combo sets to make a decision, but between PC and Bostich I'd just go with the best priced set. I've owned both and had good results with both. I tend to lean towards PC for slant track nailers simply because I like to KNOW I can use all senco compatible nails. Bostich I'm not so sure about.
          Yeah, I know I'll have plenty of uses for a compressor, I just don't have the budget for a nice one right now uses other than nailing that I plan on getting out of it: reasonably priced automotive tools, impact wrench so I can change out my brakes and do tire rotations myself. Cleaning off computer internals, the canned stuff gets expensive. Airbrushing, I'm not much of an artist, but my fiancee is skilled at painting, and would like to learn how.

I've found a $60 compressor at Sutherland's, though for an item that usually costs 3 or 4 times that, it makes me question how well it is built, and if it is capable of doing more than inflating basketballs.

Comment

On the subject of affordable compressors, just spotted a nice sized one on craigslist for $75. The seller didn't mention the manufacturer, but did post pictures. I can't quite make out the name on the badge though. Anyone know what it is?

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/1294866015.html

Comment

I looked at a lot of compressors online and only a few are that shade of green. And of those, none had similar markings.

Kawasaki and Superior were two brands with the same color paint, but I don't think it was either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by wathman View Post
                yeah, though unfortunately I'd need the compressor to go with it still The bostitch ones I've seen in the store look pretty nice. How do they compare to the porter cable sets? Also I've heard contractors swear by Hitachi's pneumatics, even though they cost nearly twice as much to assemble a combo.
                I use a Hitachi finish nailer and a Hitachi brad nailer and I absolutely love them . I have recently bought a Ridgid finish nailer and brad nailer and the Hitachis blow them away.

Comment

Working...
                X