Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ryobi/Ridgid Power Tool Rebate

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    Don't get confused.... this is the "Ultimate Power Deal", NOT the "Friends and Family" They are two separate programs and definitely NOT an extention, so check the dates and if you qualified for the "Friends and Family" send in your receipt and the UPC from your purchase.

The "Friends and Family" ended September 2nd.

The "Ultimate Power Deal" is being offered by Ridgid and separately by Ryobi. So, you have an opportunity to take advantage of this new deal in addition to whatever you may have done with the earlier rebate.

CWS
    Thanks for clarifying! Didn't notice since I pulled up that promotional thing off Ryobi's website.
    Even better that it applies to multiple brands. My sister is about to start a home reno project and needs buttloads of tools.

Comment

It is definitely confusing! Ryobi and Ridgid and Home Depot are each running their own separate "Ultimate Power Tool" deals, or so it would appear by the individual mailings.

I see my Home Depot weekly ad, received on September 2nd has a "Ultimate Power Deal" on a wide range of tools and brands, including both tools and accessories starting a $149 and up, purchase between 9/3/09 to 9/16/09. These include several brands.

On Wednesday, I received e-mails from both Ridgid and Ryobi regarding there individual "Ultimate Power Deals" with the same price range and dates as the Home Depot ad.

These all look like individual brand deals but since they all have the same parameters including dates and price range savings, I guess there's really no differance (that I noticed, anyway). Since the savings are instant, I guess there's no need to think of any of this by brand name I guess, unless of cours, certain other tools under another brand name are not included.

CWS

Comment

Got my first rebate back today.Less than 6 weeks if I count right.Friends and Family rebate on Ridgid saw and Ryobi stand. Ridgid tablesaw rebate yet to come.
        Last edited by dlwbaby; 10-01-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Mine took about 5 weeks.

Comment

I can't complain! Quality tools,good price, warranty is great. Even timely with their rebate checks! It all works for me!

Comment

No Rebate and No return Calls. Ridgid Customer service poor

I mailed everything in for the Friends and Family Rebate on the 18V 5 tool combo pack. Had the same problem as many, since both the form and tool registration wanted the original UPC.

Andrea with Ridgid finally told me copies are fine.

I left a message last week, and 3 emails to customer service trying to find a website to check rebate status, or get an answer from a real person. No response.

I called Ridgid customer service today and told it would take 12 weeks. Mentioned it is supposed to take 6 weeks and it has been 8. Actually, the submission form says 4-6 so I was being more than generous with their schedule.

Was told it will take 12 weeks, that it is 8 weeks after mailing. I laughed and replied that mail in no way takes a week, let alone 4 weeks. Was told there was no one to complain to, no manager to speak to, that I coulc only call the rebate number, 800-342-4251, and leave messages.

So far, I like the tools. Family members have them and have used the lifetime warranties on the batteries twice. bad customer service and not fulfilling promises will cost ridgid Customers.

Does anyone have any other way to check the status of the Ridgid Friends and Family Rebate?

Comment

Hey guys, I am hoping someone can help me here since I have gotten conflicting responses. I want to use a 10% coupon to home depot, but I am worried the ridgid rebate won't work if I do so... BUT, I have read that plenty of people have used the 10% coupon and had the rebate work as well...

anyone know? thanks...

Comment

Hi: I called and talked to a Customer Svc Rep. She said the rebate is independent and therefore valid regardless of any in-store discounts. It should be fine, but you never know for sure, considering how difficult it is to get a straight answer regarding this topic. Most rebates are good regardless of what price you pay. I'd like to know if the rebate is good on any reconditioned Ridgid tools that you buy at Home Depot. Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by gtmeade View Post
                    Hi: I called and talked to a Customer Svc Rep. She said the rebate is independent and therefore valid regardless of any in-store discounts. It should be fine, but you never know for sure, considering how difficult it is to get a straight answer regarding this topic. Most rebates are good regardless of what price you pay. I'd like to know if the rebate is good on any reconditioned Ridgid tools that you buy at Home Depot. Anybody know?
                    thank you, do you know who you spoke with? Its always good to grab a name in this case. Because when I called, I got the opposite answer unfortunately...

Comment

Her name was "Angie".

Comment

Working...
                      X