X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi/Ridgid Power Tool Rebate

I got an e-mail late this afternoon, announcing Ryobi's "Friends and Family" rebate, which starts immediately and goes through the end of August.

It's a graduated percentage rebate, dependant on how much you purchase. For example, spend $150 to $699 and I believe it's a 15% rebate. The rebate covers both Ryobi and Ridgid tools. The details and the printable rebate coupon can be found on the Ryobi web site, at the bottom of the main page. Here's a link to the Main page:

www.ryobitools.com

Enjoy,

CWS

Re: Ryobi/Ridgid Power Tool Rebate

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    I got an e-mail late this afternoon, announcing Ryobi's "Friends and Family" rebate, which starts immediately and goes through the end of August.

It's a graduated percentage rebate, dependant on how much you purchase. For example, spend $150 to $699 and I believe it's a 15% rebate. The rebate covers both Ryobi and Ridgid tools. The details and the printable rebate coupon can be found on the Ryobi web site, at the bottom of the main page. Here's a link to the Main page:

www.ryobitools.com

Enjoy,

CWS
    Thanks for the info. See PROBAND, here is where RIDGID can make some bucks. Why on earth wasnt every online member sent an email about this promotion?! There are many people who wait for just such an occasion to buy a bunch of tools. I spent (before 30% instant rebate this past year) $8,000 on Ridgid tools! Cant turn down 30%!! or 20% for that matter.

Comment

Here is the form with info about this rebate. Just download and print it out.

http://www.ryobitools.com/product_pr...MIR%5B3%5D.pdf

Adobe Acrobat - Portable Document Format

Offer valid through 09/02/2009

$1 - $149 save 10% ... $150 - $699 save 15% and $700 and up save 20%

If you look close, you'll need to write in The Home Depot store number on the form.
      Last edited by Woussko; 07-31-2009, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I don't see anywhere on the promotion that Ridgid Tools are included. Can someone clarify this? It looks like it is Ryobi Tools only to me. Thanks

Comment

Old Timer (and anyone else),

It has come to my attention that the currently posted form does NOT include Ridgid tools! Obviously something must have changed, so the question now is whether or not the original PDF that I downloaded on Friday is valid or was it a mistake made by the Ryobi folks who sent me the e-mail and posted the original PDF form?

I received the E-mail on Friday and in the e-mail form, it said to click on an offer to get more details... I did, and it gave me a downloaded PDF which looks like the current form, but has both the Ryobi and Ridgid logos on top of it and on the reverse states that it can be used for Ryobi and Ridgid power tools.

Now I'm wondering it the Ryobi marketing group has made a mistake and it isn't supposed to include "Ridgid".

I'm going to call Ryobi on Monday and ask what's going on. If what I downloaded is a mistake, then that's fine I guess... but if not, then I thnk we need to get the present form corrected.

In any case, I do have a PDF stating Ryobi and Ridgid (so I'm not crazy), I can only presume that original is an error, but I really don't know at this point... I'll find out though!

Thanks for questioning this,

CWS

Comment

Charlie

I also remember the Friday .PDF file clearly having RIDGID on it, but as of now it's gone. I'll be looking for your update after you place a few calls.

Note to everyone: Be sure to look at page 2 where they exclude many items. I think they realized they goofed so now they are making it hard to qualify for any sort of rebate.
            Last edited by Woussko; 08-02-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Well, I still have the original download with the "Ridgid" information on it. Otherwise, at this point, I was just having another one of those "senior moments". (Which was my immediate reaction, when read the "where's Ridgid" question.) Good thing I save such things.

CWS

Comment

CWSmith, thanks for pursuing this. I missed out on the last promotion with the discounts for so much spent. I wasn't prepared to buy the tools I wanted then, but I am now and am hoping it comes through. I am hoping to purchase the Ridgid joiner and the 13 inch planer. Thanks again, looking forward to what you find out.

Comment

First off, I want to apologize for posting so late in the day.

I spoke to my contact at Ryobi tool marketing late this morning. As I understand it from our conversation, the original form that I downloaded (Ryobi and Ridgid) is a valid form that was linked to an e-mail sent to their customer database listing. But my understanding is that may have been a limited distribution, because the people on TTI's Ridgid team wanted to do thier own, without combining it with the Ryobi name. I'm not sure when that realization occured, but the Ridgid rebate should be available "in a few days".

(At the time I received the e-mail on Friday, I immediatly clicked the link and downloaded the Ryobi and Ridgid rebate form. I then checked the Ryobi web site to make sure the "Friends and Family" rebate was available to all.... and with that confirmation I posted to the Ridgid and BT3Central forums. What is not clear at this point is whether there were differences at that time, which I didn't notice or that the form was changed later in the day. On quick glance the forms look quite similar, but do have some detail differences.)

So, the current download rebate form is for Ryobi tools (see the inclusions and exceptions details on the form) and "in a few days" the Ridgid rebate program should be published. They will be mailing that form to me when it's available, but I quite imagine it will be available off the Ridgid website at the same time. I do have the PDF file of the original form which is good for either Ryobi or Ridgid tool purchases, and I've been told it is valid. But at this point I'd prefer not to send it to anyone as the Ridgid-version is expected very soon. The contact told me "in a few days". In any case, I'll be patient for awhile, but still hang on the the PDF that I have just in case someone needs it. The rebate goes to September 2nd.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Good news to hear, as for posting it late in the day, not a big deal. I'm at work, and wasn't about to run out to Home Depot to get Ryobi tools with a rebate. I am glad to hear there will be a seperate Ridgid rebate program in a few days. This will definitely factor in to some upcoming tool purchases I'm considering.

Comment

Thanks for the update.Looking forward to Ridgid rebate form.

Comment

We will be waiting to find out if you have any good new info about a Ridgid rebate. There are a few Ryobi cordless tools I have on my "Would Like To Have" list, but I'm not going to grab them until I have a better understand about the rebates. There are some Ridgid items higher up on the list.

Comment

Just received an email from Ridgid for the Friends and Family rebate offer. Here is the link:
                          http://www.ridgid.com/FriendsAndFami...=friendsfamily

Mike

Comment

As Old Timer posted, the Ridgid rebate has been e-mailed and though I haven't seen it here on the website yet, I'm sure it will be posted.

One thing to note, the mailing shows three offers with a link on each. One is the "Friends and Family" (the more you spend the more you save) and the other two offerings are for specific Ridgid cordless tools and combo's.

I mention this only because on first glance, I thought the rebate was for only the tools pictured... not true, as there are three specific offers.

THANK YOU RIDGID and RYOBI,

CWS
                            Last edited by CWSmith; 08-06-2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I really do hope they sell a ton of tools with this offer but I also hope they do a better job of administering this rebate deal then they have with other programs. Can you say LLSA? If they don't, all we're going to see posted on this BB in 3 months is threads about "Where The Hill Is My Rebate Check?".
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X