Ridgid Jointer $214 in Harriman, NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Jointer $214 in Harriman, NY

The HD in Harriman, NY (same shopping center as Wal-Mart and Outback near Woodbury Commons) has the Ridgid jointer on clearance for $214. They had 2 this morning.

Re: Ridgid Jointer $214 in Harriman, NY

CPW,

Did you buy one? What a great deal. I ran over to my local HD, here in the Painted Post, NY area and they don't have a clue. Their price is the regular price, minus the current "Ultimate Power" promotion, which is $75 off, for total of around $375 IIRC.

I asked about "clearance" and mentioned the store in your area. The Ridgid/Ryobi rep happened to be there and told me that he thought such "clearance" deals was up to the local store manager. My local store manager is almost witless, so I don't think we'll ever see such a thing here... but I'll check in Binghamton when I go there Thursday.

I did check with the service desk here, and the last time they sold a Ridgid jointer was in the spring of 2008... they currently have three in inventory, but no "flags" to move any of them.

Thanks again for the post,

CWS

Comment

in trying to chase down a $247 non-ny zone clearance price for a $650 dewalt 735 planer which was clearanced out of some connecticut stores, i discovered that HD clearances certain items in certain areas while not clearancing them in others. some markets don't move many units of a given product, and those get clearanced. hopefully, the 735 will stop moving in my market so it gets clearanced there also.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

CPW,

Thanks to your post I just returned with my new jointer. I live on Long Island and I drove up after work and nabbed the jointer and the new trim router. After discount it was like $255. Thanks so much, I have checked every HD here on LI and the jointer was no where to be seen.

BTW - I was so excited when I read your post I didn't even realize that it wouldn't fit in my car. Had to unpack from box but it all made it home. Thanks again.

Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          in trying to chase down a $247 non-ny zone clearance price for a $650 dewalt 735 planer which was clearanced out of some connecticut stores, i discovered that HD clearances certain items in certain areas while not clearancing them in others. some markets don't move many units of a given product, and those get clearanced. hopefully, the 735 will stop moving in my market so it gets clearanced there also.
          Finer,

They had a DW735 in Harriman for $411, but it sold yesterday. I now wish I had jumped on that, it is still a great price for the planer. When I called Fishkill, he said they had 0 on hand/on order and that the merchandise value was marked down to $137. Not 100% sure what the means, but I'm hoping I can find another. The $411-$75 would have been a great price, I shouldn't have been so greedy trying to find it for less; I wouldn't have missed that deal. Oh well.

Comment

cpw...i don't get this part of all this. when i contacted a HD in norwalk, ct. that had them on hand, they wouldn't match teh clearance price. according to the ASM on duty, norwalk is part of the NEw York zone, and the NY zone is not clearancing the 735 planer. yet, you just noted that harriman had it marked down. how is norwalk, ct part of the NY zone and harriamn, ny apparently isn't part of the ny zone? i wonder what the rhyme or reason of HD clearance mark downs is?

btw, you might want to check with the cortlandt manor HD. two weeks ago i asked an ASM about matching the $274 that the orange ct. HD sold it for (the bt3central website has a copy of the receipt). he wouldn't match the $274, but, after some discussion, was willing to let it go fo $450. FWIW.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              cpw...i don't get this part of all this. when i contacted a HD in norwalk, ct. that had them on hand, they wouldn't match teh clearance price. according to the ASM on duty, norwalk is part of the NEw York zone, and the NY zone is not clearancing the 735 planer. yet, you just noted that harriman had it marked down. how is norwalk, ct part of the NY zone and harriamn, ny apparently isn't part of the ny zone? i wonder what the rhyme or reason of HD clearance mark downs is?

btw, you might want to check with the cortlandt manor HD. two weeks ago i asked an ASM about matching the $274 that the orange ct. HD sold it for (the bt3central website has a copy of the receipt). he wouldn't match the $274, but, after some discussion, was willing to let it go fo $450. FWIW.
              FWIW, Ive read that the Fairfield, CT HD sold a few of the planers at the $274 clearance price (it was clearanced in the store, no price matching necessary). They are *definitely* in the NYC region.

Norwalk might just be blowing smoke

Comment

Working...
              X