X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

Has anyone tried one of these out before? The R82233 kit is pretty nice in that it not only comes with the tool but also a battery, charger and case. eBay has a few but many are used. There is a brand new one for $99. Is this a good deal??

Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver
    Help me make Wishes Come True!
    Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

Originally posted by cory7 View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these out before? The R82233 kit is pretty nice in that it not only comes with the tool but also a battery, charger and case. eBay has a few but many are used. There is a brand new one for $99. Is this a good deal??

Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver
    its $59 in col oh

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      its $59 in col oh
      Can you tell me what store has this for $59? Any left?

Comment

i've had 1 for a good 4 years now.

not a bad tool, but it's nowhere as strong as the regular straight drill style impact driver.

make sure the batteries are good as this has been discontinued for 3 plus years i believe.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Early this week HomeDepot clearanced out a number of power tools by Dewalt, Ridgid, Ryobi etc
          You might have to check a couple of stores because they seem to be moving fast and prices have been lowered to make it happen.....

A couple Ridgid examples:
          12V Rgt-angle impact driver R822332 129>99>59
          4.5" angle grinder R1001 75>39
          MaxSelect impact driver R8823 119>49 (skipped)

Comment

there is a few at hilliard ,oh and the sawmill rd. store, i believe you knew it was ohio?

Comment

it's a handy tool, but it's a bit long, and the battery sucks chit.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                it's a handy tool, but it's a bit long, and the battery sucks chit.
                i never thought it was a great design. Agree too long, dont like the trigger, bat issues. I have a sneaking suspiscion that will be a new tool this spring, 18 or new mini 12 volt. Hopefully its 18. I love that they could have wimped out with a 12 volt one handed recip but made it an 18 instead.

Comment

Thanks for all of the information and thoughts on the product. I may just hold out for a better model!

Comment

The Ridgid 12V Rgt-angle impact driver may need updating but at 59 or less it can serve as a specialty tool for jobs in tight spaces. It generates 700 in-lbs decent torque. Another positive is the 12V battery uses the same charger as my 18V Ridgid power tools. Its been reported in this forum that the 14.4V battery fits and increases the power. The 12V Rgt-angle impact driver kit includes a lithium/ni-cad charger plus 3yr/LLSA

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                      The Ridgid 12V Rgt-angle impact driver may need updating but at 59 or less it can serve as a specialty tool for jobs in tight spaces. It generates 700 in-lbs decent torque. Another positive is the 12V battery uses the same charger as my 18V Ridgid power tools. Its been reported in this forum that the 14.4V battery fits and increases the power. The 12V Rgt-angle impact driver kit includes a lithium/ni-cad charger plus 3yr/LLSA
                      good points, 14.4 were on clearance earlier too.

Comment

It's $99 around here, and I think its a good price. I paid $129 years ago. It may go lower if you want to risk waiting. I bought a 14.4 volt battery on clearance and it fits. The tool works faster w/it but it looks funny since it protrudes a bit. I've hardly used it, but when I have, there was no substitute.
                        Ern

Comment

With a 14.4 volt battery this tool can be a real work saver. It has saved me from using a stubby screwdriver in some real tight spaces.

Comment

my guess is they are replacing it with something like the m12 milwaukee angle drill, which is a cool drill

Comment

hi allnew to fourm been lurking awhile just bought mine at st pete depot for 59 plus tax great deal! thats like half price

Comment

Working...
                              X