Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

    Has anyone tried one of these out before? The R82233 kit is pretty nice in that it not only comes with the tool but also a battery, charger and case. eBay has a few but many are used. There is a brand new one for $99. Is this a good deal??

    Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver
    Help me make Wishes Come True!
    Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

  • #2
    Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

    Originally posted by cory7 View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these out before? The R82233 kit is pretty nice in that it not only comes with the tool but also a battery, charger and case. eBay has a few but many are used. There is a brand new one for $99. Is this a good deal??

    Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver
    its $59 in col oh

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

      Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      its $59 in col oh
      Can you tell me what store has this for $59? Any left?
      Help me make Wishes Come True!
      Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

        i've had 1 for a good 4 years now.

        not a bad tool, but it's nowhere as strong as the regular straight drill style impact driver.

        make sure the batteries are good as this has been discontinued for 3 plus years i believe.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

          Originally posted by cory7 View Post
          Can you tell me what store has this for $59? Any left?
          Early this week HomeDepot clearanced out a number of power tools by Dewalt, Ridgid, Ryobi etc
          You might have to check a couple of stores because they seem to be moving fast and prices have been lowered to make it happen.....

          A couple Ridgid examples:
          12V Rgt-angle impact driver R822332 129>99>59
          4.5" angle grinder R1001 75>39
          MaxSelect impact driver R8823 119>49 (skipped)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

            Originally posted by cory7 View Post
            Can you tell me what store has this for $59? Any left?
            there is a few at hilliard ,oh and the sawmill rd. store, i believe you knew it was ohio?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

              it's a handy tool, but it's a bit long, and the battery sucks chit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                Originally posted by Newman View Post
                it's a handy tool, but it's a bit long, and the battery sucks chit.
                i never thought it was a great design. Agree too long, dont like the trigger, bat issues. I have a sneaking suspiscion that will be a new tool this spring, 18 or new mini 12 volt. Hopefully its 18. I love that they could have wimped out with a 12 volt one handed recip but made it an 18 instead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                  Thanks for all of the information and thoughts on the product. I may just hold out for a better model!
                  Help me make Wishes Come True!
                  Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                    The Ridgid 12V Rgt-angle impact driver may need updating but at 59 or less it can serve as a specialty tool for jobs in tight spaces. It generates 700 in-lbs decent torque. Another positive is the 12V battery uses the same charger as my 18V Ridgid power tools. Its been reported in this forum that the 14.4V battery fits and increases the power. The 12V Rgt-angle impact driver kit includes a lithium/ni-cad charger plus 3yr/LLSA

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                      Originally posted by reConx View Post
                      The Ridgid 12V Rgt-angle impact driver may need updating but at 59 or less it can serve as a specialty tool for jobs in tight spaces. It generates 700 in-lbs decent torque. Another positive is the 12V battery uses the same charger as my 18V Ridgid power tools. Its been reported in this forum that the 14.4V battery fits and increases the power. The 12V Rgt-angle impact driver kit includes a lithium/ni-cad charger plus 3yr/LLSA
                      good points, 14.4 were on clearance earlier too.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                        It's $99 around here, and I think its a good price. I paid $129 years ago. It may go lower if you want to risk waiting. I bought a 14.4 volt battery on clearance and it fits. The tool works faster w/it but it looks funny since it protrudes a bit. I've hardly used it, but when I have, there was no substitute.
                        Ern

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                          With a 14.4 volt battery this tool can be a real work saver. It has saved me from using a stubby screwdriver in some real tight spaces.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                            my guess is they are replacing it with something like the m12 milwaukee angle drill, which is a cool drill

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ridgid 12v Right Angle Impact Driver

                              hi allnew to fourm been lurking awhile just bought mine at st pete depot for 59 plus tax great deal! thats like half price

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X