X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20% off all power Tools

20% off all power Tools at Lowes starting today, My local HD is pricematching.

home Depot lost this one, They were planning to start there promo of 20% off on the 17th.

Going today as HD is screwed because they still have 1 year same as cash available.

Last year, HD won the race and started first. Lowes announced they would match HD's offer the next day. If this keeps up, we'll be seeing the 20% off Christmas Sale starting around July 5th in a few years.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I wonder if I can combine the 10% movers coupon with the 20% off special.

Also does the 1 year same as cash apply to new credit card accounts only?

Wow, I am going to go broke with all these sales.
      -Peter W. Lent<BR>PMi Solutions<BR>www.pmisolutions.net

Comment

FYI!!!!

The 20% off DOES NOT apply to stationary power tools. I also called 2 different HDs and they WILL NOT match the Lowes 20% off special.

I am going to try to go in face to face and see what I can do.

Looks like the Ridgid jointer will either wait or be replaced by the new Sears Craftsmen unit that IS 20% off.

Peter

Comment

Home depot does price matching, if they don't and you buy the item, bring in the receipt to HD and they will beat the lowes price by 10%..
          Did it and know it for a fact.
          eliminate excuses and make things happen!

Comment

I just got the Lowes sales flyer and it didn't appear that anything really grand was on sale. Is the 20% off on all tools?
            Home Depot hasn't really been out there cutting prices for holiday deals either. Kind of a lacklustre year for buying tools at Christmas.

Comment

You see----the conflicting stories on HD---this is why I no longer shop there. They seem to have different rules depending on which store or which district you live in.

Last year---I went to their 20% off tool sale. Except in their local advertising, I wouldn't have known about the sale except for info here and on Woodnet.
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lent:
                FYI!!!!

The 20% off DOES NOT apply to stationary power tools. I also called 2 different HDs and they WILL NOT match the Lowes 20% off special.

Peter
                I heard a commercial for the Lowes sale in No VA this morning and it said all Hand, Power, and stationary Power tools
                -Rob<br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/</a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Comment

Yes, the Lowes 20% off sale does apply to stationary tools, but the HD 20% off does not.

I am trying to get HD to match the Lowes 20% off on the Ridgid Jointer and they refuse to.

Comment

FYI, I called two local HDs and the 800 customer service number and none of them would price match the Lowes 20% off on any Ridgid Tools.

Well, it is now decision time, either pay the regular price for the Ridgid or get the Craftsman for 20% off.

Comment

Previously I had purchased a dw708 sliding CMS 12" for $599 and 10% off plus the 75 HD gift card. Today I went in to HD to get a price adjustment cause of the Lowes 20%. Did they give a hard time. (lowes is literally a block away) So I went to lowes, bought the saw, went back to HD, got the 20% off plus an additional 10% off the saw. Not only did I get the money back for the one I had already bought but I bought another for a friend as well. Everything the Mngr said I had a rebuttle. Very good negotiating day for me. Total cost was $438 and change plus tax. I still get the $75 HD gift card also. Not bad paying roughly $360 for a 12" sliding CMS. Hope it works for all of you....

Comment

I picked up a DW735 13" planer and the accessories the first day of the sale at Lowes. They did allow me to use the 10% moving coupon on top of the 20% discount. with tax the total was $435 for the planer, infeed/outfeed tables and dust collection accessorie. Not bad!

Comment

I can't speak for all stores, either Lowes or HD; but in our area (Corning/Elmira, NY) Lowes 20% off sale covers all power tools, including stationary tools, and accessories like saw blades, drill bit sets etc. It does not apply to hand tools or air compressors. HD's 20% off sale is only for those combination kits that cost $100 or more and are tagged as such! Unfortunately, for me anyway, they are all battery operated tools which I don't care for. Furthermore, they will NOT price match any "percent off" sales from any other store name. According to the HD store manager, they will price match a model/brand tool that is specifically marked with a sale price, but not with a general percentage off price.

Too bad, I was hoping that HD would make the 20% off power tool sale that they had last year an annual event! So, Lowes got my Christmas shopping dollars this year and Ridgid lost out even though I would have preferred otherwise!

CWS

Comment

CWS,
                            I don't know where painted post is but where I live in NJ I am close to NYC and all the HD's are matching here. I purchased 3 dw708's I have no idea how many hammerdrill/ impact driver sets (5-6 of them) all matched the 20%.....If I could help let me know. My email is curbry12@yahoo.com

Comment

I was in Lowes yesterday, 12/20 in Naples, FL and they had 20% off signs all over their tool aisles. I asked a salesperson if this applied to the DeWalt 735 planer and he said yes. I then went to a HD and they called the Lowes, confirmed the orignal price and that Lowes was offering the 20% discount on the planer. HD then gave me an additional 10% off.

Original price = $499.00 and after all discounts and sales tax added in, final price of $377 and change.

Comment

Working...
                              X