Bucket Head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucket Head

Well I pulled the trigger on one of these little things last week .Used it about 15min. after I bought it.Sucked the water out of a tank for a rebuild..Pros small takes up NO room in the truck..Cons , it's so light weight it tends to want to fall over all the time and needs a longer hose.I tie wrapped the cord up and use an extension cord (like another piece of equipment I own) ..It keeps it out of the way and not dangling around everywhere. My buddy saw mine and gave a less than favorable review. He was trying to suck out a sewage ejector crock. As soon as he turned it on and started sucking water he said a high pitched noice came from it and didn't want to suck the contents up outta the pit..Who knows, soundle like he was bringing a knife to a gun fight. I really like mine for small stuff.Told him for a sewage ejector crock that the guys on the job were using for a latrine the contractor would have emptied and disinfected or no pump would have been set. That's how I deal with that bullshi*
    Last edited by OLD1; 05-27-2011, 11:14 AM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Bucket Head

it's a great little vac and for $20.00 plus a bucket, it's the best thing going.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I think his music is a little overrated.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
        Well I pulled the trigger on one of these little things last week .Used it about 15min. after I bought it.Sucked the water out of a tank for a rebuild..Pros small takes up NO room in the truck..Cons , it's so light weight it tends to want to fall over all the time and needs a longer hose.I tie wrapped the cord up and use an extension cord (like another piece of equipment I own) ..It keeps it out of the way and not dangling around everywhere. My buddy saw mine and gave a less than favorable review. He was trying to suck out a sewage ejector crock. As soon as he turned it on and started sucking water he said a high pitched noice came from it and didn't want to suck the contents up outta the pit..Who knows, soundle like he was bringing a knife to a gun fight. I really like mine for small stuff.Told him for a sewage ejector crock that the guys on the job were using for a latrine the contractor would have emptied and disinfected or no pump would have been set. That's how I deal with that bullshi*
        I use those stinger vacs for small stuff but good to know the bucket vac works. No way I would deal with an ejector pit thats been used as a porta-potty. No porta-potty required to be on jobsites in your area?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          I use those stinger vacs for small stuff but good to know the bucket vac works. No way I would deal with an ejector pit thats been used as a porta-potty. No porta-potty required to be on jobsites in your area?

Well around here we are dealing with a certain kind of animal that is not use to that ( indoor plumbing portable or otherwise)..Told him there is no way I would have even attempted to suck that pit clean ..Told him to get some balls and tell the gc to go fuc* himself..

Comment

I had a similar issue with a sump pit, I just called our local pumper, had him pump for about 10 seconds, and charged the GC for his service along with mine. Worked out great!
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Basically it's the same as the little Ridgid "Stinger", which was a two-gallon... just with the "Bucket Head" you supply your own 5-gal bucket. Not bad, but I don't like the "paper-bag" style filters. But then again, you don't use the filter for "wet" pickup, at least not on the Stinger.

I think what the fellow ran into was that he either didn't have the thing up-right or that the float ball was somehow gunked up or jammed into the top of the cage.

These past few months have been the wettest rainy period on record, here in the NY Southern Tier area. So, I've had to do a bit of wet vacuuming in the basement. Not wanting to strip down and clean my 12-gallon Ridgid, I've been using my "Stinger" after I've swept most of the water into the drain. So, a week or so ago I ran into this same, "whine" and no suction. Of course with the Stinger being so small and using that short little hose, I've tipped the vac over a number of times and thus was very familier with the sound.

In any case, it definitely sounds like the only problem this guy had was not having the patience or understanding that the float was probably the fault. No problem, you just turn it off, hold it upright, and as soon as the motor spins to a stop, the float ball should fall away from it's top-most position and thus no-longer plug the motor suction port.

CWS

Comment

Right..Turn it off you hear the ball drop ..Turn it back on..Problem was he took a knife to a gun fight ..

Comment

I have the shop vac version of it they sell at lowes. Its a great little vac for the price. Use it for the small stuff like sucking out the water in toilets before carrying them out of the house when replacing them. Or there great for dry stuff when your grinding / drilling masonry, tile, & granite. Used it the other day to pull the debris that was stuck in the shower trap from the renovation.
                  Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                  Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Have to check that one out ..Always have prefered Lowes ..

Comment

Working...
                    X