Flea market find

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flea market find

Honestly bob, at first I thought you were talking about a cook out. Big o ham fest. Then I realized you were talking radios.

10/4 good buddy.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Honestly bob, at first I thought you were talking about a cook out. Big o ham fest. Then I realized you were talking radios.

10/4 good buddy.

Rick.
      Thanks Rick.

10-4 is for Smokey and the Bandit or Car 54 (remember that TV show?), nothing to do with Amateur Radio.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

I got the table moved the other day and stuck it in a corner of the garage until I can figure out where it might go in the shop or maybe dismantle and move into the basement. It's too big to get down the basement stairs assembled. The top is a torsion box made of MDF and plywood. The rest of the bench is 3/4 plywood and some 2x4s for the base frame and for the wheels to mount to. As you can see it didn't take me long to load it up with junk. To fit it in the garage I had to move stuff off the floor and put it on the bench. It has a replaceable hardboard top which is not too bad so I will probably live with it the way it is for a while.

Name:  3950cc6295e91f0f0f41690836a336e5.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  394.5 KB

Comment

Another yard sale find, this time right down the road from me about a half mile. People moving and the guy is selling off stuff from his shop he is not taking with him. I got a small (about 24x24x40 inches high)flammable storage cabinet for $10 . A cabinet this size costs about $500 new. Nothing wrong with this one just a few years old. The self-closing door works just fine and the cabinet condition is good. It will give me a safer place to store flammables in my shop at home. Well worth $10 I think, and he helped me load it on my truck too. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Another yard sale find, this time right down the road from me about a half mile. People moving and the guy is selling off stuff from his shop he is not taking with him. I got a small (about 24x24x40 inches high)flammable storage cabinet for $10 . A cabinet this size costs about $500 new. Nothing wrong with this one just a few years old. The self-closing door works just fine and the cabinet condition is good. It will give me a safer place to store flammables in my shop at home. Well worth $10 I think, and he helped me load it on my truck too. :-)
            make sure to put it right next to your furnace when it's filled with gasoline. giver 'er a good test!
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Snaked a toilet at a local Saver's store and on the way out I see a guy donating this.

Tells the receiving clerk that after two uses it just quit working. After the clerk plugs it in and nothing happens, I ask how much. Sold. Took it back to the shop and plug it in. Still nothing. I give it a more thorough inspection and find a reset button. One push and it fires right up.
              Five bucks.
              Last edited by ArizonaPlumber; 08-24-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Yard Sale

Attached Files

Comment

Found a Little Wonder gas edger yesterday at the flea market for $200
                  These things start around $600 new. I've been wanting something with
                  more power than my stick edger and with 4.5 hp this certaintly fit the bill.
                  I'll get some photos next time I have it out to edge the lawn.

I

Comment

Found one of these on a freeway median in like new condition. Except for the scuff marks from hitting the pavement when it bounced out of someone's truck I'm guessing looks and works perfectly.

Been using it on 2" copper and bigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X