ridgid AC9944

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid AC9944

yesterday i spotted a craigslist add for a ac9944 for $25.00 says has broken parts that arent available. come to find out he must of dropped it and also when pulling the main rod to remove the gas shock he never got it back in right. anyway didnt take much to straighten it out and getting it working perfect again, except the gas shock is shot. i mounted a heavy tile saw on it and its really hard to lift on the side that lowers the legs that have the wheels. realize thats what the gas shock is for. but thinking about it id like to figure out something other than the gas shock, they do fail, thinking about a couple of heavy duty springs to help it pop up. any one substitute springs for the gas shock on theres.

Re: ridgid AC9944

See if there is an automotive substitute for a trunk, hatchback or something that can be adapted. Might also find something floating around with a Google search if you have the part #

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

did that and i can find plenty of gas shocks the right length but they dont have the extension rod on the end that get the spring. i was hoping there was some one that figured out how to mount a pair of springs to the legs to help pull them down, i was able to find some springs myself but playing aroind with where and how to mount them, did jimmy rig them to help quite a bit but permanent mounting is another question.

Comment

It looks like the RIDGID part number is 000900510054, but the price is a little spendy at $43.67 (or more depending on source) plus shipping. It was also listed at $48.04 on the RIDGID Parts site.

Ridgid AC9944 parts breakdown on ToolPartsDirect.com
        Ridgid AC9944 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com
        Acts 16:31

Comment

got it on amazon, had some points to use so wasnt to bad. made a big difference but still not a peice of cake to raise. might be to the fact that i have a 90 lb tile saw mounted on it. still it is better and installing the shock was pretty easy. question now is = how are you actually suppose to raise this thing. i know your suppose to lift by the handle and push the orange lever down but that doesnt seem to good of a setup, raising it with one hand and trying to push the lever with the other and when you get it so high then you can use your foot. i have the newer model and it works great, simple, push a lever with your foot and pull down, thats it, but this one is a real pain. seems like you should be able to activate the orange release lever with your foot but i cant get my foot under the lift handle so i have to lift it up some then push the release handle with my right hand. again it might be the weight of the saw i have mounted on it. i just figured for $23.00 plus the $40.00 for the shock it was well worth it. better than $200.00 + for a floding tile saw stand. if i can figure out a way to give it a little assist to pop it up when i push the release handle then id be good. still all in all the price was right. after all i have no idea how my newer ridgid miter saw folding stand would act with that much weight. i dont think my hitachi 12" compound miter saw doesnt weigh anywhere near that.

Comment

Working...
          X