X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a core drill today

Model No.: END 130/3PO hand held for 250.00 with a pump and 2 bits...5" & 3"
    Either one of those bits are worth that

Re: Bought a core drill today

Originally posted by IamVince View Post
    Model No.: END 130/3PO hand held for 250.00 with a pump and 2 bits...5" & 3"
    Either one of those bits are worth that
    You just won the " YOU SUCK AWARD " !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Wait till you have 7 of them including bits up to 12" and a gas powered 1 too.

Use to do a lot of coring. Found it was easier to core robertson decking than to can it.also spancrete can only be cored.

Vacuum base is the way to go on that.

Wait till you have to core overhead from the ceiling up. Not fun.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        Wait till you have 7 of them including bits up to 12" and a gas powered 1 too.

Use to do a lot of coring. Found it was easier to core robertson decking than to can it.also spancrete can only be cored.

Vacuum base is the way to go on that.

Wait till you have to core overhead from the ceiling up. Not fun.

Rick.
        I love the TWANGG sound when I cut a pre stressed cable in a slab . When the maintance Guy said " 'WHATS THAT ? " I said " Kid playing a guitar "
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That's a smokin' deal.

Comment

I picked up a used in new condition Husqvarna , comes in handy.

Comment

Rick I will never catch you in the tool dept. but for a small time guy I hold my own.
              Over head I've never done from ladders through walls all the time

Comment

If you use a vacuum base its a good idea to have a safety cable or chain tied off to something stout that can hang on to thedrill if it comes loose. Not as big a danger once the bit is a couple inches in, but until then it can be risky. Same goes for may drills, tie them off.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  I love the TWANGG sound when I cut a pre stressed cable in a slab . When the maintance Guy said " 'WHATS THAT ? " I said " Kid playing a guitar "
                  Hey Tool aint it a great sound. Did one many years ago. Mind you had the structural Engineer standing there with us advising us on location of all cables and we still got one. He took off like lightning when it went. So much for professional Engineers hey.............!!!

Comment

When they added more washrooms to the MTS Center after the NHL and Winnipeg Jets came back to Winnipeg, all the plumbing holes were x-rayed before coring, to make sure that they did not hit anything in the concrete like rebar or embedded electrical conduit.

There are now doing a 3rd set of washroom improvements 3 years later and I am sure there will be more x-rays or ground radar as part of contract requirements.

Comment

Thanks MBHYDRO x-ray is a new one I hadn't heard of, at least downunder. Don't think anyone has this kit here. As far as GPR is concerned it is still not 100%. Operators can call it wrong too. And some people say our life is easy. I would love to see the ordinary Joe do all of what we do to prevent harm, injury and damage. I guess it all comes about from being a "PRO" in our trade but then again we are all human and can still make mistakes too..............!!!!

Hey Tony AFM, have you heard of X-Ray being used down here????????????????

Comment

problem with x-rays are the exposure time required to penetrate the 12'' of concrete we see out here. no one can be anywhere close while they are using the x ray machine.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

hilti rebar scanner is the ticket, $20k but it works in real time.
                          you see on the screen what's there as you scan.
                          no waiting for films and no guessing.

if you think $20,000 is expensive think how much that twang sound costs.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            hilti rebar scanner is the ticket, $20k but it works in real time.
                            you see on the screen what's there as you scan.
                            no waiting for films and no guessing.

if you think $20,000 is expensive think how much that twang sound costs.
                            uh oh!!!! Someone is getting a hilti rebar scanner!
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              uh oh!!!! Someone is getting a hilti rebar scanner!
                              Nope, too expensive. Hilti Rep did a nice demo, we just can't convince the top brass that
                              it's worth the price.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Working...
                              X