Nice Deal on Wiha 26-in1 Multi-bit Screwdriver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Deal on Wiha 26-in1 Multi-bit Screwdriver

I like that the bits lock in the chuck and can't fall out. There are a couple other variations with different bits if this one doesn't suit your needs. On sale for $19 right now. Not a bad price I think.

https://www.kctoolco.com/wiha-77792-...-ultra-driver/
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Pretty sweet set up, great for a service truck.

Comment

but can it take a hammer blow?

What good is it then?

My go too screwdrivers are the Milwaukee 8 in 1. they also have wire stripping ability along with 1/4'', 5/16'' and 3/8'' nut drivers to go along with slotted, phillips and square drive. ideal for the Electricians, but works for me on the majority of jobs. still need the little precision drivers for recessed screws and torx for water heater controls

Yrs, there is no universal UBS / Micro USB type of fasteners out there. Remember the days of multiple styles of phone chargers. now its down to 2 major players. I think were're getting Screwed with all these different drives. And don't get me started on the security type of fasteners.

Bob, 26 is a good start, but it's never enough for the out of ordinary.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

For the crews in trucks doing inspections and repairs that often have to open up alarm panels, flow switches, anti-tamper devices, fill valve probes, smoke detectors, horn-strobes it's a handy option.

The crews on contracts can get by with a 8 in 1 which is what I have and still use the Enderes short and regular length styles. But there's been a few times when I'm pulling wires from an alarm panel when that Wiha might have saved a trip.

Comment

I didn't claim one size fits all. There are at least two other variations with different
          bits to suit other trades/needs. I just said for $19 it looks like a good deal to me and
          that Wiha makes excellent handtools.

RIDGID has nothing to compare to it. Wiha does make some knuckle-dragger tools if
          that is all you are comfortable using Rick. I'll see if I can find a link to them for you. :-)
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            but can it take a hammer blow?

What good is it then?

My go too screwdrivers are the Milwaukee 8 in 1. they also have wire stripping ability along with 1/4'', 5/16'' and 3/8'' nut drivers to go along with slotted, phillips and square drive. ideal for the Electricians, but works for me on the majority of jobs. still need the little precision drivers for recessed screws and torx for water heater controls

Yrs, there is no universal UBS / Micro USB type of fasteners out there. Remember the days of multiple styles of phone chargers. now its down to 2 major players. I think were're getting Screwed with all these different drives. And don't get me started on the security type of fasteners.

Bob, 26 is a good start, but it's never enough for the out of ordinary.

Rick.
            Milwaukee makes an 8 in 1 that's approved to take a hammer blow? Which one?

Comment

I prefer the MEGAPRO original 15 in one screwdriver.
              This is the blue body and yellow cap.
              It runs around Twenty Dollars [American pre-obama].

I have had it and used it now for close to ten years...
              Yes you can also purchase replacement bits, and they do offer a variety of
              screwdrivers depending upon your needs.

Sorry I was unable to attach a picture.

Cactus Man

Comment

• Bob D.
                Bob D. commented
                Editing a comment
                "It runs around Twenty Dollars [American pre-obama]."

What does this mean?

Post-Obama dollars are worth less?
                trump dollars are worth more?
                Yours was made in America before Obama was President?

Is this the one your talking about Cactus Man?

Comment

• cactusman
                cactusman commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes that's the model ..thanks for posting a photo so others may see it.

Cactus Man

I've tried all kinds of different ones but have found these to be the best multi-screwdrivers.

Comment

Working...
              X