Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best, toughest weed eater

Hey guys,
    Looking for a new weed eater for this season. Would like a 4 cycle, and one that can use an edging attachment. Please let me know what models I should look at. Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by mpalmer89; 05-13-2019, 12:24 AM.

Stihl FS 240 R, or one of their other similar professional models. Buy their formulated gas for it as well, don't use vehicle gas and add oil. Trust me, I have been on the weed eater Ferris wheel, spend a bit more on a Stihl and don't look back.

Comment

bush hog or Rhino mowers are some of the toughest weed eaters I know of even small trees, they don't like old car tires tho, and they do eat weeds, if there over 4 foot tall they can pull the tractor down some,

now I know this not the type of weed eater your talking about,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I like my Stihl equipment, but all I have left is the chainsaw and stick edger. All my other gas yard tools including my push mower I have replaced with electric, either EGO 56V or Ryobi 40V.

I don't have a need for a bush hog but I do use a Frontier GM1072R mower on the tractor to mow the in-law's back field. Not big only 1.5 acres that need mowing, the rest of the property is woods. I run it on my TC25 with turf tires. Makes a good combination for mowing as the TC25 is short and can make tight turns. But it's a little light on the front end for that 720# mower so I hang a few suitcase weights on the front to balance it out.
        Last edited by Bob D.; 04-26-2019, 04:10 PM.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

• BHD
          BHD commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds like a nice little tractor and mowing rig,

a number of years ago I bought a 10 foot wide, it is a off brand Called Ro cut as that is what I could afford, and my tractor is my old 1970 4020 John Deere, about 100 hp,

I would have liked to buy a Rhino or a bush hog, but one gets what they can afford,
          my mower has mowed hundreds of acers, over the years, I can buy all the gear boxes and drive parts from generic farm supply places,

and a made a second mower that will mow under the fence rows, use it on some electric fences that need or are helped by keep the weed and grass off the fence wire,

• Bob D.
          Bob D. commented
          Editing a comment
          Both my tractors combined couldn't muster 100 HP. :-)

I've had my Echo forever, great weed eater. Get 2 stroke for sure

Comment

years ago, I bought a craftsman commercial weed eater 2 stroke and at that time one could buy, (I think osha banned this item) a head with two short lengths of chain saw chain (without the teeth on the chain), it still runs and works great, and will cut through heavy weeds and such, I have wore out the chains many times and had to replace them,

I know many are now going to the electric battery units, and liking them a lot, even landscapers, one of the small engine repair guy in our town tries to talk people in ot them even tho he does not sell them,
          I know on my chain saws Stihl would be a brand I would trust or in the past has been an excellent product for gas powered tools,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have wanted a Reciprocator. They work great for edging and don't throw stones.

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

Working...
            X