Great Buy on Finish Carpenter Combo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Buy on Finish Carpenter Combo

I just picked up the Ridgid 10-inch CMS and the 2-1/2 inch, straight finish nailer for $200! I think this is a new "Combo" offering from the HD and has a normal price of $250, but is on sale now through the 24th for $200. Separately these two tools are $189 apiece. The combo ID is Model MS10250FN, here's the link:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...prod_id=140458

I picked up new on this bargain over on the BT3Central web site. While this is a HD online offering, I asked at the local store and they said they could match the price. I think this is a great deal.

CWS

CWS, is that $200 for both tools or $200 each.
    the we ad makes me think it is each the way it is worded.

If its $200 for both tools I would buy them and give my brother and my nephew one each as gifts.

Comment

Bob, it has to be for both. You can't have a combo unless there are at least two of somethin. At $200 each, IMNSHO, it would be a ripoff not a bargin.
      I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Bob and Dave,

Their both in the same box for $200 total. The price in the store for this is $250, but I grabbed an "orange apron" and he checked it on the computer and saw the online (web site) price was $200, so he said he would match that and wrote up a slip for the cashier.

Afterwards I checked the individual tool prices and they are $189 each. The 16 gauge straight finish nailer, separately would come with a case, safety goggles, and a 1,000 nails which you don't get in the combo, but for what amounts to almost $180 in saving, you can buy one heckuva lot of nails!

Check it out, it really is a steal.

Merry Christmas,

CWS

Comment

I side with you both but the wording on the web page leaves me wondering.

RIDGID
          Finish Carpenter's Combo Kit
          Model MS10250FN
          Price: $250.00/ea
          Special Price: $200.00/ea
          Valid through: 12/25/2005

Why put the each on there if its a kit composed of two pieces? I'll be at the mall tomorrow so maybe I'll go over to HD and check it out first hand.

Comment

BobD,

I understand your perspective, but "$200.00/ea" means for each "Combo Kit"

RIDGID
            Finish Carpenter's Combo Kit
            Model MS10250FN
            Price: $250.00/ea
            Special Price: $200.00/ea
            Valid through: 12/25/2005

I see over on another site that some stores are NOT matching the price. If you are seriously thinking of this purchase, I'd call ahead and check with the store to see if they have them (my store only has two left) and if they will match the price. If NOT, I'd order it online, as there is free shipping.

"Merchandise Subtotal $200.00
            All of the items in your order qualify for FREE SHIPPING!
            Shipping $0.00 "

Merry Christmas,

CWS

[ 12-23-2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.:
              CWS, is that $200 for both tools or $200 each.
              the we ad makes me think it is each the way it is worded.

If its $200 for both tools I would buy them and give my brother and my nephew one each as gifts.
              Bob - did you mean you were going to give your brother and nephew one each, or give one the nailer and one the saw?

Have a great Christmas, I always appreciate your posts.

Comment

Hey, I love them both, but let's not go crazy here

I was thinking of the nailer for my brother and the saw for my nephew.

If I could afford it I would give them each a kit.
                I try to give my nephew a tool each year for either his birthday or Christmas. Since I don't have a son I have taken to doing what my Dad started with me when I was about 10. He grew tired of me raiding his toolbox and leaving his tools laying around so he gave me a starter set of my own real tools (not kid stuff) and a small box to use and care for. Of those original dozen tools I only know the whereabouts of one, a pair of Craftsman slip-joint pliers from 1965, the rest of them, hammer, screwdrivers, coping saw, small level, and a try square I have lost track of over the years.
                I carry those pliers in the toolbag in my truck to this day, 40 years later.

[ 12-23-2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

Santa Claus (AKA the wifey) got me the Finish combo tonight, plus the MSUV, but then I got home and logged on here and found I got rooked for $50. I should have checked the 'net first. I'm going to see if they will match the price.
                  I've got my fingers crossed.
                  Phil
                  Tools Rule

Comment

Our local Home Disappointment would not match the online price.
                    I took a printout of the page and the manager points out the line on the page:
                    - Local store prices may vary from those displayed.

And I was unable to persuade them.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some.
                    Phil
                    Tools Rule

Comment

I ran into the same resistance as Phil.

Comment

Wow Guys, I'm really sorry that your store wouldn't match the online price. Maybe I just lucked out and got a guy who didn't know. But honestly, he seemed to be on top of this thing. He came back to where the boxes were, saw the $250 tag, and then we went to the service desk, looked it up on the computer where he confirmed the online $200 price, and said, I can match that. We then walked back to where the SCM's were located, picked one up and put it in my basket and then wrote up a slip that I needed to give the casier.

Really sorry that you're HD guy wouldn't do that.

CWS

Comment

Had no prob on price match in NJ.
                          My inlaw did one better, got them to match the $200, then hit them with the 20% off combo....$160...now that is a deal. Naturally he only got for himself [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by imported_CWSmith
                            Wow Guys, I'm really sorry that your store wouldn't match the online price. Maybe I just lucked out and got a guy who didn't know. But honestly, he seemed to be on top of this thing. He came back to where the boxes were, saw the $250 tag, and then we went to the service desk, looked it up on the computer where he confirmed the online $200 price, and said, I can match that. We then walked back to where the SCM's were located, picked one up and put it in my basket and then wrote up a slip that I needed to give the casier.

Really sorry that you're HD guy wouldn't do that.CWS
                            Well,
                            my HD "guy" was a real "poker-faced", good-looking ***'t mgr. She merely pointed out the line on the ad page that the stores' prices may not meet this price.
                            Had I saw that, I wouldn't have tried. Anyway, 250 for the two tools is still a good price (though not as good as 200!)
                            Phil
                            Tools Rule

Comment

This is just ridiculous, the managers have no specific reason not to mark down the price to match the web. I have worked in retail for a long time and there are just people who do that to piss off customers or because they don't want to fill out the paperwork. So stupid. Besides, I think it was all in error anyhow, this combo kit was marked down 20% (from $250 to $200) online with ALL the other combo kits. I just don't think it got updated in their systems in the store.

Luckly I live in a very big city, probably 9 HD's if not more. I went to 1 store with no luck (a$$ of a manager too), called 2 others who said no, then I finally called one of my favorite HD's which I don't frequent often anymore because they built one much closer and the manager said he would most certainly mark them down for me. Bought 2! Great deal...

Comment

Working...
                              X