• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Blade at Amazon For $70.84

Through Jan.21, shipped.
    It's the 3/32 TK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Did the price change already or was the $70.84 a typo? Your link shows the price is $80.84.
    Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-20-2006, 06:19 PM.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      Did the price change already or was the $70.84 a typo? Your link shows the price is $80.84.
      When you check out the other discount is made:

Subtotal of Items: $80.84Shipping & Handling: $9.99 Super Saver Discount: -$9.99Acc Savings, $75: -$10.00 ------Total for this Order: $70.84
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Comment

Thanks

... for the " Heads Up " Ken, got one !

Jerry
          It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Are the Blades really that OLD???

As I'm following the link, I wondering what kind of blades from World War II would work on today's saws???
            I'm humbled by you guys with a better grasp of today's abbreviations...

Comment

West Virginia, eh?

Figgers
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Clarification

Well, with all the sarcasm floating around these days, its hard to know who is pulling whose leg (or should that be 'whom's leg' ), but assuming you are not familiar with them Dale in WV, the WWII stands for Forrest WW10407100 Woodworker II blades, not World War II blades.

Jerry
                It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

Actually, there are a total of 23 different models of blades offered by Forrest that fall under the designation of Woodworker II. They range in diameter from 5-3/8" up to 16".

Comment

Originally posted by steelewoodworker
                    Well, with all the sarcasm floating around these days, its hard to know who is pulling whose leg
                    "Fools are my theme, let satire be my song." Lord Byron

"It is difficult not to write satire." Decimus Junius Juvanalis
                    Lorax

Comment

Ken and all,
                      Forrest makes good blades. A carpenter friend of mine said they are better than Freud which I've read much about here.

My fairly new TS3650 only has the Ridgid factory blade still installed. Do I want this Forrest blade as a replacement to that?

Thanks.

I'm learning....

Skip
                      Stay well and play well.
                      Skip

Comment

Skip,
                        Absolutely. You will be amazed at the difference a quality blade will make. I use a Freud full kerf glue line rip blade and it is great. Any of the top of the line blades will do you good.
                        Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by skipsax
                          Ken and all,
                          Forrest makes good blades. A carpenter friend of mine said they are better than Freud which I've read much about here.

My fairly new TS3650 only has the Ridgid factory blade still installed. Do I want this Forrest blade as a replacement to that?

Thanks.
                          I'm learning....
                          Skip
                          The Forrest is pretty amazing. Freud makes one blade that should compete with the Forrest 40T WWII...the F410 has a similar design and is close in price. There's a DeWalt DW7657 that's similar but isn't sharpened to the same degree, but is a bargain at around $50-$60. Then there's a Ridge Carbide TS2000 that's considered as good or better than the WWII by many...it's sharpened to 1200 grit and the carbide is thicker to withstand more sharpenings. Any one of these blades should perform extremely well on a wide variety of cuts and materials in your saw.

http://www.epinions.com/content_145552674436
                          Last edited by hewood; 01-23-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

The factory blade should be used as the basis for a wall clock. I replaced mine ASAP on the advice of many here within days of getting my 3650, great improvement.
                            ---------------
                            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                            ---------------
                            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                            ---------
                            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                            ---------
                            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll work on getting a replacement right away. Maybe the WWII Forest mentioned just because it seems like a good deal.
                              Skip
                              Stay well and play well.
                              Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X