Excellent Deal on JP0610 Knives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Deal on JP0610 Knives

Freud C400 jointer knives are on sale at Amazon for $11.72 minus 10% for entering “tooldays” in the promotional code, $10.54 with free shipping if your order totals $25.

Woodslayer

Re: Excellent Deal on JP0610 Knives

I definitely recommend after-market blades for the Ridgid jointer. I called RidgidParts and got a price of around $25/blade for replacements. They have the worst deal on accessories that I've ever seen.

Comment

FWIW, woodslayer started this thread about 11 months ago. That $11.72 less 10% price is not the current price.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I realized that but I still wanted to express my total disgust over RidgidParts pricing and complexity. I'm dumbfounded by how difficult it is to get accessories for my tools. Why don't they carry them at Home Depot? As for the pricing, it's incredibly inflated. The jointer knives are $75 for a set! A ZCI for the 3650 is $33 while the dado insert is only $11!! What gives? They obviously don't give a crap about after-market sales which sucks for their customers.

Comment

Dont blame ridgid entirely. It is HD that sucks more. They dont carry jointer knives or planer knives because they dont sell well.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by kosmoe View Post
            A ZCI for the 3650 is $33 while the dado insert is only $11!! What gives?
            The dado insert has $22 less material in it due to the larger slot...
            Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I bough a floor model Rigid Jointer a few weeks back... they had removed the blades so jr didn't cut himself and they'd been bouncing around in a box for a good while... needless to say they are not all that sharp and i stated so when i took it. I could not believe that HD did not stock replacement blades for the jointer... not even online at HD.com. They have a lot of 13" planer knives available though. I returned to complain and the tool department head told me that he'd order me a set Monday (yesterday) free replacement since the ones i received were pretty much dull... Needless to say i brought the set i have to work... spent 40 minutes measuring angles, making a jig and another 15 minutes on the surface grinder sharpening blades... Hopefully my "back-up" set will in fact arrive...

Comment

Working...
              X