No announcement yet.

$53 dollar 12" laser compound sliding Makita miter saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dont get very good discounts at all. In fact I just go to HD to buy my tools when they have 10% off. See and I still purchased the 4-piece combo when they came out.

I dont even need a compound miter saw but I would buy 5 at 53 dollars if I could for that saw.

Josh

Comment

dangjosh i would have thought ridgid would be treating you guys much better than that .......... that sucks
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

dangjosh i would have thought ridgid would be treating you guys much better than that .......... that sucks
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
          I really dont get very good discounts at all. In fact I just go to HD to buy my tools when they have 10% off. See and I still purchased the 4-piece combo when they came out.

I dont even need a compound miter saw but I would buy 5 at 53 dollars if I could for that saw.

Josh
          Josh,
          You mean you CAN'T login & manipulate the retail price server?
          Dang bean counters, they's not treatin' my bud Josh good!
          Phil
          Tools Rule

Comment

So, I wonder who (at Amazon) got fired over that misprint?

Or, (more than likely) who got fired & still had login privileges for the servers?

Talk about a big OOOPS!
            Phil
            Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG.
              Or, (more than likely) who got fired & still had login privileges for the servers?
              In this day and age, it would surprise me if a fired employees login privileges weren't already canceled before they even leave the building for the last time.

I know Amazon has made errors like this before. Anyone happen to know if they just eat them or do they make a fuss and back out of the order?
              ================================================== ====
              All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                I know Amazon has made errors like this before. Anyone happen to know if they just eat them or do they make a fuss and back out of the order?
                kinda would like to know the answer on that one myself
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

i'll answer that

this is not the 1st time i've been able to take advantage of a deal like this on amazon. the first one was about 75% off, not 91 lol

secondly, my saws are in route, picked up this morning by ups, they'll be here on wednesday.....i should've ordered 5 lol

i have a free trial to amazon.com Prime membership. it would have only been $3.99 to overnight each, but this not being that great of a deal, i chose 2day shipping for free

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave
                    In this day and age, it would surprise me if a fired employees login privileges weren't already canceled before they even leave the building for the last time.

You know, if the guy that's gonna clean house just happens to be in a meeting...that leaves plenty of time for mischief. But, apparently, that person is no good at covering their tracks, because the price has gone back to "real". I've seen more times than I care to count these types (of employees) are (or can be) very loose cannons when the "don't get their way", and it is usually over next to nothing.
                    Phil
                    Tools Rule

Comment

and now the rest of the story

Greetings from Amazon.com.
                      We regret to inform you that an error caused the Makita LS1214L 12"Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw in your recent order to be displayed at an incorrect price.
                      In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we're unable to offer items that have an incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we havecancelled this item from your order.At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced.
                      We do, however,verify prices as part of our shipping procedures. If we discover thatan item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. This policy is posted in the Help section and is accessible through numerous other areas of our web site.
                      We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.Sincerely,Customer Service DepartmentAmazon.com
                      Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

dang it i was so hopeing i also hate when bager dave is yet right again
                      Last edited by oldslowchevy; 06-27-2006, 06:03 AM.
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC, if its any consolation to ya I received the same email. When this was first posted, I was on this offer like stink on you know what. I did have my doubts that it would fly but it was at least worth a try.

Because Amazon sent out order confirmations acknowledging the $58 price, I suppose if someone wanted to make a big stink they could challenge it. Chances are very good though that all they'd get for their effort is a good case of heartburn. It was obviously only a huge mistake on someones part and, IMHO, I see no wrongdoing on Amazons part in cancelling my order.
                        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

oh i am not mad at them it was a mistake sometimes you win some sometimes you lose this time i lost no big deal though
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

CheekyMonkeyWrench, did Amazon really ship your saws on Monday or did you also get the bad news email?

Comment

just checked ups.com with the tracking numbers:

Location Date Local Time Activity
                              PARSIPPANY, NJ, US 06/27/2006 4:10 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
                              COLUMBUS, OH, US 06/27/2006 4:10 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
                              06/27/2006 12:59 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
                              CINCINNATI, OH, US 06/26/2006 10:32 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
                              06/26/2006 8:49 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
                              US 06/26/2006 8:17 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Of course I'm happy that I will receive 2 of these saws, but it's dissapointing knowing that the many ppl I told will not receive them.

I wish I told ppl to select 2 day shipping, as I did.

Sorry OSC.

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyMonkeyWrench
                                just checked ups.com with the tracking numbers:

Location Date Local Time Activity
                                PARSIPPANY, NJ, US 06/27/2006 4:10 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
                                COLUMBUS, OH, US 06/27/2006 4:10 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
                                06/27/2006 12:59 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
                                CINCINNATI, OH, US 06/26/2006 10:32 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
                                06/26/2006 8:49 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
                                US 06/26/2006 8:17 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Of course I'm happy that I will receive 2 of these saws, but it's dissapointing knowing that the many ppl I told will not receive them.

I wish I told ppl to select 2 day shipping, as I did.

Sorry OSC.

HEY CheekyMonkeyWrench,
                                WE WANT PICTURES of whatever you recieve.
                                Phil
                                Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
                                X