X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid TS2412-1 for $125 Good deal?

I am looking at slightly used Rigid TS2412-1, 13 A, 120v, belt drive, cast top and steel wing, saw from a friend. He is willing to sell it to me for $125. Honestly the saw looks almost new... Barely used and comes w/ everything you would expect in a retail package BUT not wheels or mobile base to move it w.

Is this a good deal? I am a novice wood worker and have just about all the other tools I need at this time BUT the table saw... if you can believe that! I have had great luck w/ rigid so far and would like to get one of their table saws. I typically build smaller furniture pieces out of plywood and solid red oak.

Would this be a good starter saw for a couple of years at least?

This forum has always been a great help... any suggestions you experience wood workers can give me is greatly appreciated. The price is a friend's deal I imagine. He was orginally asking $250 but said 125 for me... Thanks in advance to everyone!

Comment

I would say if the saw is in good shape and works it is a good deal. I don't have the TS2412, but have heard good things about it. I believe some of the members here have owned one for many years and are still quite happy. I don't think you can go wrong if it is in good functional shape.

Just my $.02 worth.....
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Thanks for the help... The saw is in great shape,.... practically new.. but I didnt know if 125 was an average price... or if I should jump on this one

Comment

Ts 2412

I have a 2412 and its a great saw. The 2412 is different from the 3650 as follows: no Herc-U-Lift, 24" rip capacity rails instead of 36" rails , a 120 volt motor that connot be converted to 240 volts, stamped steel rather than cast iron wings and no adjustment lever which can be used to allign the blade with the miter slots. If you are lucky enough to find one, HD is selling off their supplies of Herc-U-Lifts for around $15. That said, if its in great shape, $125 is a great price for a saw that will do almost everything the 3650 can do @ $500+.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

jump jump now jump fast and jump high you can't even but a new ryobi ts for that and if what you say about the 2412 is true jump now
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Thanks for the info... I just sent him an email to hold the saw for me.... Any of you have an idea if 1.60-1.75 for rough cut solid red oak boards from 6-12 inches wide, 1 or 1 1/14 thick and 6-8 feet long is a good price? I have a planer and can borrow a joiner so finishing boards not a big deal. I just havent bought too much rough cut lumber so not sure if good price... (guy is offering 500 ft for $975 or OBO)

Thanks!

Mark
              Last edited by means42; 09-06-2006, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998
                I have a 2412 and its a great saw. The 2412 is different from the 3650 as follows: no Herc-U-Lift, 24" rip capacity rails instead of 36" rails , a 120 volt motor that connot be converted to 240 volts, stamped steel rather than cast iron wings and no adjustment lever which can be used to allign the blade with the miter slots. If you are lucky enough to find one, HD is selling off their supplies of Herc-U-Lifts for around $15. That said, if its in great shape, $125 is a great price for a saw that will do almost everything the 3650 can do @ $500+.

Where can I find these lifts? That is a great price! Would make this saw perfect!

Comment

The micro adjustment lever that FINER9998 mentioned can be added to the 2412. For you oldtimers, remember when the last poster on this link was around handing out all kinds of good advice, http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1706
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Means42.....The Herc-U-lifts are sold at Home Depot. They are closing out the stock of Herc-U-lifts packaged in the old gray boxes for $14.70 (it origianally sold for around $90). I have two and just bought another one for "just in case".

BadgerDave...Thanks for the info on the microadjustent lever. I'm not sure if my 2412 is a -0 or a -1. Will the lever fit on either version of the 2412?

Comment

hercule life

Would any one sell me one....? I called all the nearby home depots and they are all gone...

If I could get one I would be more than willing to pay a little extra and shipping of course... I just need one and the good karma you would get back is huge!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998
                        ........Thanks for the info on the microadjustment lever. I'm not sure if my 2412 is a -0 or a -1. Will the lever fit on either version of the 2412?
                        FINER9998, sorry but I don't have a clue as to whether or not it will fit on both versions. Considering that the 2412 was an Emerson built product and not an OWT built saw, I'm not even sure if the current Ridgid Customer Service could answer that question. Maybe a PM to Josh might get you an answer.

The micro-adjust trunion lever IMO is one of the best features on the Ridgid TS's. It's amazing how easy it is to align the blade when using it. If its not cost prohibitive and fairly easy to do I'd recommend you consider adding it to your TS.
                        Last edited by BadgerDave; 09-08-2006, 06:09 PM.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Means42...If you are still looking for a Herc-U-Lift Plus, the HD on either Gun Hill Rd or Zarega Ave., (can't remember which one) in Bronx, NY had 4 in an overhead compartment in their tool coral at noon today. They looked brand new. If you use the store locator and punch in zip code 10804 (an adjacent zip code), you can get the addresses and phone numbers for the stores.

Comment

purchase

I bought the saw and LOVE IT!!! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Re: Rigid TS2412-1 for $125 Good deal?

I just get my self, a TS2412 with upgarde fense guide to 24-24 for $120 on craiglist, i bought it from Palm Beach Atlantic University, almost new, very little use for art students, I could not be happier

Comment

Working...
                              X