X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost purpleheart

In Spain again,(been there 3 times) and we had these big planks of wood we call dunnage for going under bulldozer or supporting a load so a forklift can get underneath it. Scrap wood basically. A bulldozer was being loaded and snapped one board(3x12x10') in half. Bright purple. Turned out that "scrap" wood was actually purple heart and we were driving over it with bulldozers. Turned out we had 4000 sq ft. Makes you want to cry.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Lost purpleheart

I think I would find some way to ship a care package home. Purple heart as scrap wood does make me cry

Comment

I can neither confirm nor deny the prescence 50bf of purpleheart at my house.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Excuse my ignorants, but what is purple heart. Is it a special type of wood.
        THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

http://www.willardbrothers.net/PURPLEHEART.htm

First site I came across with a photo and description of its uses.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Crappy days View Post
            Excuse my ignorants, but what is purple heart. Is it a special type of wood.
            It's a beautiful wood to use as an accent because the color is to powerful to use solo. Bob, they ended up using the wood to build a bar for the chief's mess on Camp Mitchell. I know you got some good stories. Can't wait to hear some.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I can neither confirm nor deny my presence there or any other location on the globe. I can only say my orders were to Little Creek and beyond that I'd have to kill you, and I don't want to have to do that.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob, I was wondering why you were quiet. I understand.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  I can neither confirm nor deny my presence there or any other location on the globe. I can only say my orders were to Little Creek and beyond that I'd have to kill you, and I don't want to have to do that.

I hope you don't mean Little Creek, Delaware....

Comment

Working...
                  X