X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So you want to be a plumber?

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
    And now your banned, what ashame

No wonder your only making 129 a year running your own co.
    Looks like just another tweeker,full of sh!!,can't believe one single word he says.

Hope he finds his way back before he or someone else gets hurt.

Comment

My dad has some pretty nasty stories of kids shiting in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldPlumbersSon View Post
        My dad has some pretty nasty stories of kids shiting in the tank.

Guess you'll be joining POP on the banned list

Must be nice to have some much time on your hands

Guess there is always going to be ONE
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
          "Hot on the left, cold on the right. Don't put your fingers in your mouth."

That's about all I know of plumbing. Beyond your basic 1 in 12 drop for sewage lines (minimal). And, of course...no paper except TP in the toilet. Hence the name. I get it. Being poor and owning a house means you teach yourself a lot because the plumber wants your monthly income to fix the leak!!!
          It's generally 1/4" per foot drop and perhaps you would'nt be a "poor homeowner" if you charged enough for your services to cover your overhead. Where the notion that plumbers are a roving band of con artists raping a pilliging the poor homeowner came from I have no idea. The nation wide yearly average for plumbers is 44 grand a year. Yes 44 grand a year.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            It's generally 1/4" per foot drop and perhaps you would'nt be a "poor homeowner" if you charged enough for your services to cover your overhead. Where the notion that plumbers are a roving band of con artists raping a pilliging the poor homeowner came from I have no idea. The nation wide yearly average for plumbers is 44 grand a year. Yes 44 grand a year.
            Thank you, thank you, thank you...
            After doing my taxes, seeing all the expenses, insurance costs, mileage, advertizing, tools and plethora of other expenses to run a biz, I was saddened with the final figure.
            Then to hear the usual assortment of "That seems expensive" repeatedly from homeowners over and over and over.

It's understandable that some homeowners don't make big money, but the home itself is an asset the has a resale value.
            I'm not in the habit of working for food to aid in increasing others assets.

Comment

Generally the guy who says "That seems expensive" just got back from the golf shop after dropping a grand on a new driver, or some other habit/interest that's infinitely more important to them.

I like the guys who said it was too expensive last year, then when they call this year and it's even more, I tell them "Shoulda done it last year, see?"

"What, you mean I bought this house and I have to do maintenance on it???"

I know one guy who spends $50000 or more a year on vacations, yet complains about paying for airport parking when he gets back.........

People generally suck. We all have our quirks........
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Oh, and ThisOldPlumber/PlumbersSon/Mother/Father/Cousin d!C$wad has gotta go...........
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

this happened when i lived in montreal.

i was working for a small plumbing co. when i got a work order to unplug a floor drain in an apartment block.

i get there toolbox in hand and i'm directed to the laundry room. yup, floor drain is plugged. unplugged it with one of them new fangled RIDGID drain cleaner things. they are the cat's meow. it was just sand. i did find it kinda odd though, everybody was really friendly to me.

the next day i talking to the guys about this call and i mentioned the twinkle in the eye friendliness. one of the locals asked the address so i gave it to him.

he thought about it for a bit then smiled. he then said to me, "Vince, you where right in the middle of the gay village (not that there's anything wrong with that).

it's a good thing i have brown skin. i was red like a piece of new (exit only)meat.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Gear, nice story but really could have done without the pic.

Early in my career I was working at the home of the Egyptian diplomat resetting a toilet. Beautiful house just off Embassy Row. The supply tube was leaking ever so slightly. So I looked for some toilet paper to wipe it down. None found on the paper holder. I asked the wife for a new roll and said I'd put it on for her. She glares at me and says "WE HAVE NO SUCH USE FOR YOUR AMERICAN LUXURIES!!"
                    i have a good one for you.

seems there was this new family that moved to montreal from another country.

once a week for about a month, the plumbing co. i worked for would get a call to unplug this family's pooper.

i'm told that every time they went there, the wc bowl was completely full. i mean the big kahoona of all morning glories. full, full. practically touching the seat full. i would estimate that the average wc bowl would probably hold about 50 + lbs of poop. that's alot of poop.

as it turns out, the new family didn't know we have flush toilets here in the land of the big beaver.

they also thought the plumbers were just a couple of dudes that visit everybodies apart. to clean out their crappers.

i don't have a pic to share if you so you'll just have to use your imagination for this one.

those darn (north) american luxuries, eh.

Comment

Working...
                    X