X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a good 1 for ya

Got a call to go to a residance...Pulled up to the house, saw it wasnt the best condition for a house (suprised anyone lived there). Anyway knocked on the door, the lady answers the door. As soon as the door openned I SMELLED IT!!!! I asked where the problem was, she said on the 2nd floor. So i walked up the crooked staircase and the smell was getting worse and worse. This house was built in the 40s. All ORIGINAL plumbing. Anyway she takes me in to the 2nd floor bathroom. there was an old cast iron bathtub and a toilet..The toilet lid on the toilet was down...The customer said "That is the problem, the toilet." Now this is the middle of July, 98 degrees outside, sewer flies all over the place. I used the tip of my boot to lift up the toilet seat and almost tossed my cookies when i saw the bowl was completely full to the rim with her nasty poo and magots. (OMG MAGOTS!!!! didnt know that was possible). I noticed the bath tub was not backed up, so i went straight for the toilet auger. Everytime i tried to auger the toilet, the head of the auger kept popping up at me. So i got a really long screwdriver to feel for the hole, and it was sealed shut...i could feel the screwdriver digging into what felt like concrete. Anyway it got so bad in there i had to open windows, and believe me, my gag reflex was not liking me.... So after a few moments of trying not to throw up and get some air moving, i went downstairs to get the customer. I had asked her how long has that been backed up. she said " Since JANUARY". now after noticing no other bathrooms in this little townhouse, i asked "Well where have you been going?" her reply. "We've just been using this one." With a sense of utter disbelief i said, well there is nothing more i can do here, you have to have it replaced, no charge for today, she looked at me with smile and said, do you do that work? Told her no, and gave her my brothers number LOL said call this guy, he does that kind of work LOL....COULD NOT BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD ACTUALLY USE A STOPPED UP TOILET FOR 7 MONTHS..COULDNT BELIEVE ALL THE MAGOTS...2ND WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN....1st worst will be up next week
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: Here is a good 1 for ya

I had a job like that, I never gag, I can roll in it, crawl in it, no problem I went to a house in palos verdes, the "richest community" I walked in, the daughter showed me to the bathroom of her sick mother, I walked in, almost threw up atleast 3-4 times, stopped up toilet, supposedly the mother had cancer and wore bandages, it was the worst smell in the whole world Like death and old old age at the same time.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Im right with you brother, I will crawl, sit, roll around in whatever, hell ive even eaten the stuff, purely by accident, but that smell of 7 months of backup and the magots crawling around...that was truley a 1st lol...It gets better, but i will save the best for another time..Greg
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

HEY! HEY! HEY! I'm trying to eat breakfast here

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
          Im right with you brother, I will crawl, sit, roll around in whatever, hell ive even eaten the stuff, purely by accident, but that smell of 7 months of backup and the magots crawling around...that was truley a 1st lol...It gets better, but i will save the best for another time..Greg

a drop in the mouth is worth minus 20# in two weeks of suffering. been there done that

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            a drop in the mouth is worth minus 20# in two weeks of suffering. been there done that

rick.
            LOL absolutely!!!

Comment

I had a job like that one time. Walked in the bathroom, saw the toilet filled to the rim with sh---. Turned to the woman there,told her to call me when she had it cleaned up....There Is a limit to what I'll do. My sugestion to you would be if you can smell it put on a resperator to keep from getting sick from it.
              Even at 150 to unstop toilet. I'll walk away from that type of mess.

Comment

Words cannot describe just how happy I am that I wasn't eating when I read that.
                The idea that someone would let that go like that for 7 months is what really bothers & depresses me...this woman could need help.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                  What does this mean,disintary?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

What does this mean,disintary?
                    Perhaps an attempt at dysentery?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                      Dysentery,Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                        I'd bet more like dysentary. HA!
                        A fringe benefit to having indoor plumbing...dysentary, cholera, malaria and a host of other third world displeasures we don't have to live through.

Comment

No problem mam, I will install a new toilet for you this afternoon. The price for a new Toto is $650.00 + tax. If you want me to remove and dispose of the old toilet that is a additonal $750.00 + tax. Get a recovery drum, remove the tank and drop the bowl in the plastic drum and seal it up. If not its a $100.00 + tax and fuel charge.
                          WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                          ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

thanks for bringing this old thread back

when i did plumbing on long island the news paper news day had offices all over the island and we did all the plumbing in them . i would get a call to go to the same office 1 a month to clear a toilet . well i went there one time and it was 1/2 full of crap and said to them not to keep going in it when it is clogged .so the next time i went there was after hr and the toilet was full to the top so i go to the truck get my mask and rubber gloves that go up to my elbows and started to clean it out . now i needed some thing to put it in i got the trash cans from under the 3 desks of the 3 men that use the office and put it in it and put it back under there desks with a note on top saying i.m not your mother so clean up your self .

well we never got a call to complain about what i did or for another clogged toilet again
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                              I'd bet more like dysentary. HA!
                              A fringe benefit to having indoor plumbing...dysentary, cholera, malaria and a host of other third world displeasures we don't have to live through.
                              Besides being a commonly misspelled word for dysentery what does dysentary mean?

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X