X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another good one!!

OK so last week i told you i would post another good one, so here it is....I was working for a drain co in NJ...We got a call from the Phila Housing Authority (this was 9yrs ago). The call was to check for a serious sewer odor. As soon as my partner and i got out of the truck at the job, you could smell the sewage... The house was a run down house. When the homeowner openned the door, the smell of sewage was so awfull, we went and got towels to cover our face. We immediataly told the homeowner to get out of the house. After going thru our whole shpeal with the guy, he took us to the 1st floor bathroom. He said his toilet hasnt worked in months. We noticed a fish tank, and a 5 gallon bucket next to the toilet. He said he would dump water into the toilet to make it flush everytime he would use it. We both noticed that there were no bolts on the toilet to the floor. The flooring around the toilet was so rotted, i couldnt believe that the toilet hadnt fallen thru into the basement. So we moved the toilet over, and found out why there was so much floor rot. When we moved the toilet we saw that there was no toilet flange, and no toilet sweep. The sweep and flange and broken off and fallen completely down into the basment floor. All the toilet usage, IE daily usage, was just being flushed with his buckets into the basement and all over the floor. There was a mound of CRAP at least a ft and a half high, plus all the urine. We called the PHA and the Board of Health. They relocated the guy, and the PHA took over the job... I couldnt believe that someone would not notice the pipe was broken let alone the sewage that was just falling into the basement. He said he would not go into the basement do to the smell.
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Re: Another good one!!

Some people really do behave like animals. It amazes me that someone would put up with a smell like that... then refuse to go find out the source of the smell.

Comment

LOL! Thats a good one.

Comment

OK OK OK no more plumbing stories lol At least not ones like these. Mine was clean but these are disgusting lol. HOW in the world can people LIVE like that ?? I would be so sick from breathing that in . EWWWWW no more like these please.

Comment

We had a remodel job a couple years ago like that. Except the homeowner did fall through the floor, surprising that the copper sewer line didn't break also. I wish I would've taken pictures, it was kinda funny to see just a toilet sitting there with no floor around it. When we went down to the basement, someone had taken off the cleanout cap and never put it back on. I'll save everyone the mental pictures but trust me it was the worst thing I ever saw.

Comment

Drain, was it an old guy? How come he didn't call a plumber sooner? It seems more sad than stupid

Joey
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              Drain, was it an old guy? How come he didn't call a plumber sooner? It seems more sad than stupid

Joey

Young guy, in his late 20s
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

Ohhhhh! So it was more stupid than sad after all
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Ya they obviously didnt care

Comment

Joey,I cannot remember exactly,But wasn't it you a while back that suggested that the poster consider contacting someone with the mental health dept.

Comment

I don't remember, but it sounds like something I would do. After all, my real job is utilizing my master's in clinical psychology
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        I don't remember, but it sounds like something I would do. After all, my real job is utilizing my master's in clinical psychology
                        i'm her test patient. needless to say she didn't do so well

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Well, as you can all guess, I specialize in young children under 5
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

But but but ..aint men just BIG kids??? My wife tells me that ALL the time LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X