Celebrity Houses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Celebrity Houses

today i was at a condo project and the celeberity owner was just moving in. the problem was one of the sofa beds would not get past a hallway and into a second bedroom. when i saw the contractor in the alley with the couch all wrapped up and ropes tied around it.

the problem i saw was a 300# couch around a single block on the 4th floor of the building and scaffolding. knowing that there were only 3 men and a 40' lift with it, i knew they were in trouble.

after they attempted to tie the rope off to the bumper and almost pull down the pulley/ block. i offered them my help and my block and tackle.

funny part is i have plenty of electric winches at my shop to choose from(ask robert) and they needed it done now. so my block and tackle created a 9 to 1 advantage. they still used the original pulley for a safety line. the 40' lift would have required close to 300' of line and i only had 75' on that tackle. so the pulling was done on the top floor of the scaffolding, not from the ground.

the vacation home belongs to someone everyone knows but i won't tell who they are and neither will joey

here are some photos of the near disaster

rick.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, please tell me you are NOT the schmuck on the roof. Even if you are, it's ok to go ahead and lie to me and tell me it's not

This was an accident waiting to happen

Is that scaffolding crumbling from the weight or is there a ladder on the top of it?
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        Rick, please tell me you are NOT the schmuck on the roof. Even if you are, it's ok to go ahead and lie to me and tell me it's not

This was an accident waiting to happen

Is that scaffolding crumbling from the weight or is there a ladder on the top of it?
        joey, no need to lie

as you see from the photo, i was the photographer so it could have only been done with a timer and i'm not fast enough to climb 40' before the timer goes off

the funny part was the contractor that was hired to do the job, cut out the window, only figured on 1 hour for the job.

he would still be scratching his head if i wasn't there with my stuff.

by the way, he's the schmuck on top of the scaffolding and also the one who did the pulling. i was below on the safety line and camera man

rick.

i didn't go to the hospital today because of this it was pink eye just like you said
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          today i was at a condo project and the celeberity owner was just moving in. the problem was one of the sofa beds would not get past a hallway and into a second bedroom. when i saw the contractor in the alley with the couch all wrapped up and ropes tied around it.

the problem i saw was a 300# couch around a single block on the 4th floor of the building and scaffolding. knowing that there were only 3 men and a 40' lift with it, i knew they were in trouble.

after they attempted to tie the rope off to the bumper and almost pull down the pulley/ block. i offered them my help and my block and tackle.

funny part is i have plenty of electric winches at my shop to choose from(ask robert) and they needed it done now. so my block and tackle created a 9 to 1 advantage. they still used the original pulley for a safety line. the 40' lift would have required close to 300' of line and i only had 75' on that tackle. so the pulling was done on the top floor of the scaffolding, not from the ground.

the vacation home belongs to someone everyone knows but i won't tell who they are and neither will joey

here are some photos of the near disaster

rick.
          We don't care and we don't want to know Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
            We don't care and we don't want to know Rick
            Ok Zeljka, now you are just picking on Rick. . . the thread s called "CELEBRITY HOUSES". So apparently, people do care and do want to know.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Ok Zeljka, now you are just picking on Rick. . . the thread s called "CELEBRITY HOUSES". So apparently, people do care and do want to know.
              Double-Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Double-Ditto
                yea, triple ditto, ditto, ditto

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Oh please if you are posting the thread on celebrity houses..tell us which celebrities you worked for...

I don't care unless you name them

I dont' know what is the big deal about talking about it and then....i won't tell you which one..nor will joey
                  Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 09-07-2007, 03:08 PM.

Comment

OK JOEY...

WHEN I SAID WE..I MEANT ROB AND ME AND NOT THE ENTIRE FORUM....I'M NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE ELSE BUT ME AND ROB..

Oh and i so know what is the thread called...i know english is not my primary language but i so know how to read
                    Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 09-07-2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Zeljka, Even though people are celebrities they still like to keep some morsels of privacy. They hire service people that are not going to steal from them and sell the stuff on the internet. Most celebrities do not want their name and how they are living posted anywhere. I think all of those people that have worked for celebrities will agree on that.

If you and Rob don't care. . .it is easy enough. . .just don't open the thread and be bothered with it.

You are making a much bigger deal out of this than anyone intended.

Relax
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Zeljka, Even though people are celebrities they still like to keep some morsels of privacy. They hire service people that are not going to steal from them and sell the stuff on the internet. Most celebrities do not want their name and how they are living posted anywhere. I think all of those people that have worked for celebrities will agree on that.

If you and Rob don't care. . .it is easy enough. . .just don't open the thread and be bothered with it.

You are making a much bigger deal out of this than anyone intended.

Relax
                        OK.

I see where you are coming from...But since it is celebrity thread i thought you would name one

I will realx and take a vicodin

Comment

Not as exciting as you want, but. . . .a really good friend of ours' father-in-law wrote or produced (I forget which one) the Rifleman (an old western TV show).

He has a couple of the rifles used from the show hanging over his fireplace. He is an amazing 97 year old man.

It's hot, go ahead and turn on the a/c. . .I won't tell your hubby
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Not as exciting as you want, but. . . .a really good friend of ours' father-in-law wrote or produced (I forget which one) the Rifleman (an old western TV show).

He has a couple of the rifles used from the show hanging over his fireplace. He is an amazing 97 year old man.

It's hot, go ahead and turn on the a/c. . .I won't tell your hubby

I dont know westerns except clark gable,john wayne and clint eastwood...thanks to my mom and her cursh on all hollywood

Ac wont be on,...it is hot..spend all morning with robert digging at the huge whole..helping him....talking about cheap labor...and all beacuse i wanted pizza for tonight

That was our compromise..have a sore back

Comment

sore back?....take another Vicotin

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                                spend all morning with robert digging at the huge whole..helping him....talking about cheap labor...and all beacuse i wanted pizza for tonight
                                LOL. Robert, big, strong, young guy like yourself needs your wife to dig a ditch for you? And for pizza? Whatever happened to happy wife happy husband?

Zeljka, you should have held out and dug the ditch for the puppy! Food and a/c are a wife's necessities!

Joey
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Working...
                                X