X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handy man's hell

went on a job once and the gas co. was footing the bill. I found "gas line" going to drier and homemade heater made from 1/2" id drain hose, damper in water heater vent, can with holes punched in it in furnace vent pipe , gate valves in water heater and furnace gas line to control gas flow, strips of lead nailed across floor joists and wherever he wanted a light wires wrapped around it for power, basement so full of crap you had to go through tunnels made from it. and to top it off after we replaced the furnace, water heater and gas line he was looking at the new furnace thinking how he was going to make it more efficient!!!

Re: handy man's hell

Bill

What city and state was this house in?

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      Bill

What city and state was this house in?
      Wisconsin, I think in the city of Oak Creek. this was a long time ago but i'll never forget the job.

Comment

Whew

I feared I might be related to him but I don't have family near that area. All of us here are major pack rats but we don't do quite as bad with electrical work. As for him messing with a new furnace or water heater, it's time for handcuffs.

Comment

Don't tell me...................He's an engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
            Whew

I feared I might be related to him but I don't have family near that area. All of us here are major pack rats but we don't do quite as bad with electrical work. As for him messing with a new furnace or water heater, it's time for handcuffs.
            having a lot of stuff is one thing. doing what he did with gas and electric is far beyond crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Don't tell me...................He's an engineer
              maybe in his own mind.

Comment

Working...
              X