X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Dog

Worked many years as a Telephone Lineman and one day my partner and I were running hardware behind a row of attached two family homes in the South Bronx. We used six foot section ladders to climb over the chain link fences between the properties. While in the last yard, we noticed a giant German Shepherd starring at us from behind a large picture window. My partner went about securing the hardware that would eventually hold a cable and I footed the section ladder. Then we noticed the dog was no longer behind the window, and the heavy metal cellar door beneath us was starting to rise open. Fearing this dinosaur of a dog was about to have us for lunch, I stomped down as hard as I could shutting the door. My partner and I fell over eachother as we scrambled back over the fence to safety. Looking back at that window we noticed a middle aged man rubbing his head with a pained look on his face. Too bad we didn't see him in the window earleir! Sorry.

Re: Super Dog

How long ago did you retire? VZ? CWA or IBEW? I work Central Office and don't have to deal with customers much.lumbdog: Down here a rubber snake can sure shake up the outside techs!!
    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Re: Super Dog

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
      How long ago did you retire? VZ? CWA or IBEW? I work Central Office and don't have to deal with customers much.lumbdog: Down here a rubber snake can sure shake up the outside techs!!
      Big Dog I was a Frameman for about four years back when there was panel equipment, cross bar 5 and eventually we switched to ESS. Ran a lot of wires and melted plenty of solder. Been retired since 1999. You can't work with the public without collecting plenty of stories.

Comment

Working...
      X