X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave That Sump ALone!

Sent on a cable failure in The South Bronx years ago, were realized the path for the temporary cable repair would bring us through the basment storage of large food market. I had a very bad head cold and although I noticed all the food and sundries sitting on pallets surrounded by boot high dirty water, I did not see the large broken sewer pipe feeding feces, urine and toilet paper to the ocean of brown water. Several other Telephone workers and foremen joined the exploration with flashlights in hand and boots covering their feet. I saw a sump pump on a nearby pillar and thought hitting the safety switch would be a good idea, so the water would drain. The water did drain and all that sewerage came to life, the odor was so bad that most of the guys lost their breakfasts before they could get out. My headcold saved me from the vile odor and I learned to leave well enough alone...

Re: Leave That Sump ALone!

now I'm really hungry, so did you pick up food for your dinner after you finished? eating out after seeing or working on restraint equipment illustrates that you are really playing the death deifing game of Dining Roulette not just eating as you had imagined. only difference is instead of aiming for your head, you aim for your gut.

Comment

nice, it doesn't smell until you stir it up once it's moved around a bit, it wakes up

thanks for the fun story
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        once it's moved around a bit, it wakes up
        cool phrase.

I've also found out the mere act of cutting power to an ice maker, cooler or refrigerator can wake up something with equally evil intent.

Comment

Working...
        X