Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you all get help from the customer toolwise???

The guy from the hot tub store came to install our new spa cover. The screws on the lift were rusted and his Ryobi 18 volt drill wasn't loosing them(due to bit slipping in rusted heads). I lowned him my Makita 14.4 volt impact driver which instantly broke them free even the ones w/ the very rusted heads. He really was impressed w/ the impact driver. He was a nice serviceman.
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: How many of you all get help from the customer toolwise???

Try showing an electrician, general contractor or plumber what premium reciprocating saw blades are about and he/she will be most impressed if normally he/she is using the junk ones from over in China. Buying quality really does pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      Try showing an electrician, general contractor or plumber what premium reciprocating saw blades are about and he/she will be most impressed if normally he/she is using the junk ones from over in China. Buying quality really does pay off.
      Milwaukee Ax blades

Just to name one.......
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I was doing a side job cabinet install for a couple once. I forgot to bring a level with me. I asked the homeowner if he had one and he told me where to find it in his basement. I ran down grabbed the first level I saw and went back to work. As I was leveling out the cabinet I noticed that it took alot of shimming to get it level. Just seemed like WAY to much for a 5' cabinet to need 3/4" of shims. I was about to take the cabinet outside to start cutting away at the toespace, when I decided to turn the level the opposite direction. Once again I needed shims, but this time on the OTHER SIDE of the cabinet. The customer was in the other room and asked how things were going. I hesitantly said that Im having trouble with the level. He turned and noticed that I was using a plumbers level. Yeah, you can imagine how small I felt then. Went back down and got a regular level and everything went great from there, and they even called me back to do another sidejob for them

Comment

What's a plumber's level?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            What's a plumber's level?
            Has a bubble the doesn't center when level...designed to display levels of pitch instead.

Comment

I have been on both sides of that fence as the consumer and the contractor, I try to help everyone when I can,

I have been really impressed though when a customer has a cool tool, that I haven't seen yet

You can't own every cool tool, Just die trying !
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I have had customers give me tools. My best haul to date was:
                (1) Ridgid tubing cutter, it's for up to 2" at least. It is from the 60's, no ratchet but works great.
                (2) a radiator spud wrench, that I use on flushometer spuds.
                (3) an 18" Ridgid steel pipewrench.
                The customer told me it came from the Joliet Arsenal when they were demoing everything. The guys who hadn't been laid off got to take whatever they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                X