Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are Plumbers Demented?

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
    Yes, they get one warning, then the water goes off. However, in a big complex everyone gets one flush regardless. I guess its just part of the job. When the pipe starts rumbling its time to get out of the way.

I heard the flush and instead of getting out of the way, I grabbed pipe to minimize damage, It worked kinda, but the load didn't make it in, neither did most of the water, but I tell you what, there was minimal damage thanks to my efforts.

I am always thinking of the customer first
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Are plumber's demented? Some are!
      Just read through Dunbar's posts!!!

-just kidding buddy!

Oh I know I'm demented......and a little insane and overly medicated 93.2% of time but you don't see me complaining!

This was one of many reasons I felt a private forum was needed here; I got tons of things I've done, do now and plan on doing in the future that would have eyebrows fall off foreheads if anyone knew.

Blame it on Oatey cleaner!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

A year or so back, one of my apprentices came in covered head to toe with Poo. Seems he had neglected to un-plug the ejector pump before disconecting it. Funny thing is, he was laughing about it. So yes I think we're all a bit demented. Who else would make a career out of feces.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
          I have a good friend that is a plumber, and he got a tatoo of a plumbers wrench on his lower back right above his *** crack! His wife wasnt to happy about it. The guys is a riot though, the few times I have been on a job site with him, I pretty much laugh non-stop for hours. And once he breaks into song, there aint no stopping it. Some of the stuff he comes up with seriously could make millions. I swear, if he strapped a camera on himself all day, he could have his own reality show, and people would be laughing for hours!
          I worked with a guy like that, we called 'Hap'. I always figured it was short for happy. My favorite story of his was when he had to tell the preacher the reason his daughters bathroom drain wouldn't work was because the sewage pump got jammed by a feminine napkin.
          sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

I will tell on myself. At one shop, I was known as "the phantom crapper." A townhouse project we were on had a spec that was finished, and we used the downstairs powder room. We weren't supposed to, but we had a passkey. One morning, I walked thru the empty garage and I let myself in, and sit on the mug. As I started to wonder about the soap on the lav, and magazine basket on the floor, I heard voices thru the register, dawning realization and panic hit at the same time. Of course, it wasn't a one-wiper, I frantically wiped and wiped and wiped. At last I was clean enough to pull up my bibs, flush and run out of the house. I had the presence of mind not to run straight out across the courtyard, but kept to the wall while struggling to strap my bibs up. I then ran between buildings and into the rough we were doing. I became a legend of sorts. At union meetings, some of the guys who were there, tell that one to the apprentices.

Comment

Why is it that as a plumber you go into the plumbing wholesaler, and the one I go to is like a highschool gossip fest. Guys talking about poon, and this story and that story, and swearing left right and center. And then you walk into the refrigeration wholesaler or electrical wholesaler to get the odd specialized part, and those places are prim, proper, and almost dead silent. It's almost like watching the football game with a bunch of dudes in comparison to standing at a urinal where a dude pulls up right beside you.

Comment

Electrical shock while working on a/c units?
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

the never ending flow.

10" hdpe sewer main.

it had collapsed in the fall time and we had to cut and replace a section about 20' long.

somebody had to cut the main and replace it.

i was the first one suited up and in the hole.

i cut the main and replaced the bad section.

couldn't stop the flow. lots of poo.

i love my job.

Comment

Working...
                  X