X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Plumbers Demented?

Ran into a buddy I used to work with and of course we started to reminisce about the the guys we had around us.

Man, what a team we used to have.

Warning: some of the things written below might be disturbing to some

Here are just a few of the winners:

On his first day of work he wore a black cape with a hood. Naturally, we called him 'Batman' from there on. He was from the middle east so he didn't get the joke. If you have to explain the joke to someone it's not as funny.

Bobby would disassemble his Big Mac before comsuming it because it was "too complex" to eat as a whole

Glen for 2 years was a perfectly normal individual until I saw him eat his boogers while talking to the customer. Yea, I couldn't believe what I just saw so I confronted him. Expecting some form of denial or at least a mental condition that would explain this. Nope. He went on to explain to me he has ALWAYS done this and that no one ever told him not to. He did mention however they are better when he's on vacation at the beach....more salty I'll take his word on that.

Thom was the "Mad Crapper" Before starting work in the morning he would ask the customer to use their bathroom. He would spend the first 20 minutes on the toilet then not flush. He was afraid it might stop up the toilet Then go on to charge the customer for the full time he was in there.

There are soooo many others but I want to hear yours
    Last edited by plumberscrack; 04-27-2008, 07:40 PM.

Re: Are Plumbers Demented?

Bill,

Thank you for the above post as it has helped me better understand you.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Crack-now Rick doesn't seem so bad
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Crack, Are those the normal ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          Crack, Are those the normal ones?
          Well, 'normal' is a relative term; so for the guys I work with, yes

I can't be the only one here that works with lunatics

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Well, 'normal' is a relative term; so for the guys I work with, yes

I can't be the only one here that works with lunatics
            WOW!!!
            Even though I wish I could just get this contractors guys helpers to end up working with some other company,I don't have to deal with nearly that much insanity.All I got is some three toed sloths who think the world owes them something

Comment

I have a good friend that is a plumber, and he got a tatoo of a plumbers wrench on his lower back right above his *** crack! His wife wasnt to happy about it. The guys is a riot though, the few times I have been on a job site with him, I pretty much laugh non-stop for hours. And once he breaks into song, there aint no stopping it. Some of the stuff he comes up with seriously could make millions. I swear, if he strapped a camera on himself all day, he could have his own reality show, and people would be laughing for hours!

Comment

Is this a trick question?????? When I first saw the title, I was like, DUH, does the pope do it in the woods......wait, that's a bear and something about catholic, ................. wait.........I'll get back to you after I sit down for a minute
                Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

To anwser your question, yes they are demented. I have never met such colorful, emotionally unstable, strange people.

One guy I worked with would rub his index finger and thumb together rapidly everytime he took a bite of something.

Another guy would say Yat, Yat, Yat everytime he finished what he was saying.

I am happy to report that I consider myself completely normal. I do get some strange looks about the bobble head beaver on my dash of the van though.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Are plumber's demented? Some are!
                    Just read through Dunbar's posts!!!

-just kidding buddy!

Comment

I got crapped on yesterday, after I rang the doorbell and the landlord told them not to use any water, includes the toilet.

wouldn't this make you demented after enough times luckily alot of water came afterward so I was able to wash it off quickly
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        I got crapped on yesterday, after I rang the doorbell and the landlord told them not to use any water, includes the toilet.

wouldn't this make you demented after enough times luckily alot of water came afterward so I was able to wash it off quickly
                        Did you kill the water to the house after that? I usually give one warning, then tell them that since they can't listen that their water will be off until the sewer was tied back together.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post
                          Did you kill the water to the house after that? I usually give one warning, then tell them that since they can't listen that their water will be off until the sewer was tied back together.

Greg
                          Yes, they get one warning, then the water goes off. However, in a big complex everyone gets one flush regardless. I guess its just part of the job. When the pipe starts rumbling its time to get out of the way.
                          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                            Yes, they get one warning, then the water goes off. However, in a big complex everyone gets one flush regardless. I guess its just part of the job. When the pipe starts rumbling its time to get out of the way.
                            sometimes i will install a double test plug or jim cap. but typically you do get a heads up with the sound of the flush.

what's tuff is when it gets your nice dry dirt wet and mucky that you now have to dig out and repack.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by glkearns View Post

Greg

lol, multiple toilets in the upstairs, each had one flush, it was to late to turn the water off and flush them all.

I really thought they understood this time
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X