forgotten but not lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: forgotten but not lost

I think I've lost more close quarters tubing cutters in walls than I have years in the trade.
    Mike

Comment

If I ever find all the sheetrock knives I have lost I will sell them for scrap and be able to retire to winters in the Bahamas and summers in the south of France.

Working by myself at a remote reservoir and lost my cell phone in a pile of HDPE covered in snow. Drove about two miles down the mountain to a restaurant called my number and left a message. Raced back and the phone was beeping. Lucky.

Comment

OK Tom, You're gonna enjoy this one.
        Few years ago a contractor in our area was working a D-8 in some really heavy muck, he described it as a quickmud. D-8 goes in and slowly starts sinking in the muck. Contractor brings in another D-8 to pull it out. He loses both of them in the quickmud!!!.
        Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
          Lost a flashlight under a house recently. Slide under house to evaluate the plumbing. Skinny in a bit...find the 8foot long COPPERHEAD SNAKE SKIN...evacuate the crawl space immediately in the process throwing my flashlight at something that moved. I didn't want to go back for it.

The pest control guy said he didn't see my flashlight. What he did find were 16 copperheads. And in the house proper there were 2. I don't want the flashlight back. I'm just glad I have my life.
          I thought copperheads are only like 2-3 feet long.Am I about to learn something about snake skin shedding.

No...I'm not being a smart a$$

Comment

Jim,

That is funny. Never been on a jobsite where we lost two. Digging one out and trying to get the mud to release suction is bad enough. I feel bad for the guy. But at least he can talk about it with a smile in years to come.

-Tom

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
              OK Tom, You're gonna enjoy this one.
              Few years ago a contractor in our area was working a D-8 in some really heavy muck, he described it as a quickmud. D-8 goes in and slowly starts sinking in the muck. Contractor brings in another D-8 to pull it out. He loses both of them in the quickmud!!!.
              Jim Don
              When I was in Haiti, we got a d9 stuck on the beach and had to leave it to get the other one that was on the ship. When we came back 6 hours later, everything that could be removed was removed, even the engine.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                When I was in Haiti, we got a d9 stuck on the beach and had to leave it to get the other one that was on the ship. When we came back 6 hours later, everything that could be removed was removed, even the engine.
                Hyenas on a carcas.
                Or plumbing forum members on Tymans work photos.

Comment

WOW! I have seen and heard of cases of vandalism but nothing even close to stripping a D9.

-Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X