forgotten but not lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgotten but not lost

today i left 2 tools at a job site that was too far to go back for.

a channelock 420 and a 8'' crecent wrench.

i knew i forgot them when i got on the freeway. i was towing my jetter and turning back, going up a 2 mile grade and through a guard shack, was not worth it to me.

at least i'm not going to looking for them tomorrow.

what have you lost or forgotten?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: forgotten but not lost

Saws,fittings,flashlights,etc;Michelle(my wife)says I'am liable to lose myself in a parking lot.I put all blame on the monster under the bed.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I always misplace them and find them when I'm working in a dropped ceiling. Found my Maglite after 4 years. But I've lost it again

Peter

Comment

Pencils and Pens on a daily bases. Tools, same as you Rick, I'll forget about the hand tools and its just to much of a hassle to go back and get em, and thats why we own lots more....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I could probably count on one hand the tools I have lost on jobs. I always put stuff back on the truck where it belonged and knew when something was missing. My guys on the other hand were always leaving tools on the job and customers would call for them to return.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I left my dewalt flashlight on in the attic and forgot it because it was buried in the insulation. When I found it, the insulation had melted on the lense. Had to buy a new one.

My dad gave me the channel locks I still use today when I was 13. Never lost them but I'll go through anything to get those back.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              I left my dewalt flashlight on in the attic and forgot it because it was buried in the insulation. When I found it, the insulation had melted on the lense. Had to buy a new one.

My dad gave me the channel locks I still use today when I was 13. Never lost them but I'll go through anything to get those back.
              I left my cell phone up in one too. About 3 days later, I thought I'd go back to the HO house and check, it sure seemed like a logical place to loss it. I went up there and had the HO call my cell, it was up there tucked into the loose cellulose insulation. I was lucky to get that one back....
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                I left my cell phone up in one too. About 3 days later, I thought I'd go back to the HO house and check, it sure seemed like a logical place to loss it. I went up there and had the HO call my cell, it was up there tucked into the loose cellulose insulation. I was lucky to get that one back....
                I'm surprised the battery wasn't dead after 3 days.

Comment

I have buried a couple of tape measures, lump hammers, utility knives, levels. That is the WORST, it doesnt pay to dig something up under 5' of dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    I have buried a couple of tape measures, lump hammers, utility knives, levels. That is the WORST, it doesnt pay to dig something up under 5' of dirt.
                    But think of the positive impact you're having on archaeologists of the future!

Comment

they arent exactly in areas where you would WANT TO DIG

Comment

Once had my cell phone slip out of my pocket under a house about 45 minutes away. The customer said they thought they were going crazy. Kept hearing a faint ringing over and over. (people calling, me missing them )

I did get it back and it lasted another year or so.

J.C.

Comment

"How to Lose a New tool in 10 Days or Less"

Paint it black

Comment

i go with caterpillar yellow.

one of the best tools i ever lost was a very large pair of channel from mastercrap. it could easily handle 4" co caps.

up we lose our tools if we paint them white.

Comment

Lost a flashlight under a house recently. Slide under house to evaluate the plumbing. Skinny in a bit...find the 8foot long COPPERHEAD SNAKE SKIN...evacuate the crawl space immediately in the process throwing my flashlight at something that moved. I didn't want to go back for it.

The pest control guy said he didn't see my flashlight. What he did find were 16 copperheads. And in the house proper there were 2. I don't want the flashlight back. I'm just glad I have my life.
                              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X