Walked off the job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walked off the job

What I made today erased the nonsense I went through last saturday, and the weather was just as miserable too.

If I was vindictive I'd even the score with this lady but all the blame points at me....so she's off the hook.

A lot has to be said about a community and its people most times in situations like these.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by nkyrental View Post
      I'm guessing you were working in Covington? I could probably make a list of 6 or 7 landlords I know of like her and she would be on the list. There are sadly a high number of these types of nasty people in the area. I'm sure there are a few neighbors who have "done some plumin' " she can get to finish the job.
      I looked at a house a few weeks ago, bank repo, where the only toilet was in a closet, not more that 2' x 3' with a pull chain light and no sink. The people living there were taking a shower in the basement, a 50 year old wall mount shower set, the water went across the floor about 15 feet to a floor drain. The walls and the floor had not been cleaned in a number of years. The coating of soap on the walls and floor was the only thing keeping the concrete blocks from disintegrating. I guess at least they were using soap.
      The city shut the building down, so the guy who owned it let it go to repo instead of fixing all the problems. First time I have seen a shower set up like that as the only one in the house. I passed on bidding on this house.

Yes, the all glorious covington, down on oliver street near oakland by the floodwall.

You can buy a lot of properties down there real cheap right now...if that means anything important. I highly doubt I'm going to ever get back into real estate investment...maybe commercial but that's it.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I guess all of us have had jobs sumit similar to this sort of c...
        I took landlord to Court after he refused payment and DEMANDED I jack up a floor under a bath tub with timber sitting on the dirt! When I walked, he refused payment for the reflooring in the rest of the house areas that were done.
        He got 'creamed' by the Court. I learnt (after that to take a small recorder(2/3rds the size of a match box around my neck) & record initial conversations so to be able to give historical word for word agreements. Sounds extreme but it works! I've used it 4 times now to my benifit.

Keep it up my man.
        Landlords are worse than the poor folks to deal with I find. (unless they are property managers in which agrees to contracts

Comment

Sorry for all the confusioin and bad luck.. Hope it turns out well.

Comment

I know what you mean about bad hoods. A few years ago i unlocked the house.Removed the plywood off the windows,then chased a guy down the street,to get my miter saw back.He could not outrun my 1968, 327 small block.He put the saw on the sidewalk when he heard me start the truck.Then jumped a fence. Still got that saw,still cuts great. Rock on ya,ll
            If you choose not to decide,you still have made a choice.

Comment

Working...
            X