X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Work Day---Details of your Work

Wow, this is a long running thread,may it continue to be so.

Comment

Had a good run of water heater replacements and toilets the past few weeks. Made a difference for the start of 2012.

In just the past week, lots of work from repeat customers. Everyone is getting 2 business magnets for their fridge, stickers go on the new water heater replacements.

Here's one we just did:

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Heading out on a rainy sunday to do a copper repipe where the new owner of the property got vandalized before closing. He wants the home bad enough that he's paying me before the final sell of the home.

I know; trust me... I'll have a driver's license on that check when I get it.

Comment

Today,

I went to bat for a customer who was getting shafted by the tile guy.

When I was told the tile guy accused me of scratching up brand new sinks, I made sure I was there when he came to collect for his work.

This work of art, I had him in my sights from the go and made him squirm. Never seen somebody work so hard to deny the truth.

The bottom line is he's been caught at trying to screw the customer, wouldn't talk about his mistakes, only the areas of work that he did a decent job at.

I don't care who you are, what you do, what you try to align as truth in your world...

but you have a duty and obligation to protect your consumer from the word go. It's your responsibility, your pride of work that shouldn't even receive recognition for doing so... it should just happen.

I've got pictures of some of the problem areas this guy created. He made it sound like it wasn't a big deal which was more telling than anything. He threatened physical violence towards me. I told him I'd own him financially in an instant if he feels so privileged to do so.

Those two customers of mine couldn't believe the one liners I was rolling out. "Go eat a candy bar" was one of them... guy was stumped when I said that to him when he was blood red in the face. What do you possibly say to that??? lol

I had the upper hand on this guy because he admitted to having his bucket in the sink. It did indeed scratch the sink and the others, his responsibility was not to use the sinks, only the one utility tub out in the garage. But then again that would of inconvenienced him, the same as leaving tons of granite dust on the driveway "wait till it rains" leaving all cars/people to track it into the floors, garage, carpet.

No respect. I give anyone full permission to hate me with the worst venom but I'm only hated because I expect professionalism and accountability. Nothing more.

Tile guy will most likely lose the $2500.00 on this tile job due to the number of repairs/replacement needed to the damaged sinks, along with some of the walls that need to be redone in the corners with huge gaps, small chunks placed in spots where the stone should of been cut.

All of this would of been avoided if he broke open another case of stone, did it right.
          Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-20-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

The job I was at today:

A service plumber plumbed this house I'm at. Instead of 6&6 for the waters for the water closets he went 3&6. All the new toilets (AS4's) are in contact with the water supply valves. If not for CPVC and slight flexibility, rework of the water lines would of been necessary.

Every-single-closet-flange has the slots slightly out of whack for the 9&3 for perpendicular off the wall. Yes, I'm aware I can use offset bolts, but every single toilet is slightly turned in this home as the builder's grade toilets had extremely large holes punched through the base to make up for this excessively miscalculation. The new toilets have an open slot left to right, not back to front.

Another 'strange' request involved switching a 522MPU that was only used 6 or 7 times in 17 years to a sink that was used daily. Not a big deal, looked new but I rarely install used plumbing in that nature. Guess it saved the cost of a new faucet, all went well.

This customer called me about 6-8 months ago for a recommendation on a brand of toilet. What had happened is his 22 year old son clogged the toilet, the trip lever hung up the flapper and he went into his room to play on the computer until the dog started to bark furiously at his closed bedroom door. Opening that door revealed water had been running out and over that toilet since he flushed it. DAMN!

He panicked, grabbed every towel in every bathroom and all were soaked instantly. Untold 100's of gallons of water made its way from the second floor to the basement, destroying everything in its path. $14,000.00 worth of damage and you name a product in a home, it was replaced. The remodeling contractors just recently finished up the work which allowed me to come in and update the toilets I recommended months prior, got these unused bathrooms in half a year back in operation.

Definitely appreciated the work, just wish I didn't have to deal with the mess the last plumber created. The house was riddled with plumbing problems from the go, starting with a sump pump installed by the plumber that had no glued connections. 2 weeks after the house was bought, a hard rain and a trip home was inches of water in the basement (finished) with water bellowing out of the pump pounding the ceiling. Terrible. I'd hate to know how much their homeowner's insurance is just by the actions of this one lone plumber...

Comment

Working...
            X