X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a Friend at Work Today

This dog who showed up right around the time I started on replacing this water heater today?

The dog is homeless, but hangs out in the neighborhood. He does have a place to stay warm at nights, but not at the house I was working at.

Somebody brought this dog to the neighborhood and left it as I suppose they figured his chances of getting taken care of was better than being put on a 7 or 10 day ticker and getting euthanized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YhijJ2ahAA

I fed this dog some of my lunch, not knowing if he was eating regularly or not. Such a playful dog and you could hear him scurrying about because of his chain jingling around his neck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSkhPA0UvaQ

The dog loved the sunshine, or the fact there was lunch meat that I'd give him every time I went to my truck to get parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em3aj3lqQYg

He looooooooves copper fittins'!

What's sad is that little dog hopped into my truck, sniffing everything in the truck while I wrote the bill, and then on a sad note, I had to close my door and slowly take off and leave.

Sure enough, this dog chased me up the street for about a good 100', then slowly gave up. I felt so bad because we had a good time together today,

I got paid and he got fed. Such a good natured dog and hope that he finds a permanent home someday. It made my work at this house like enjoying good conversation with an old friend.

I don't know if any of you all believe this, but they say that when you meet a friendly stray dog out of nowhere, like my experience today,

never be mean to the animal; it's a friend or family member you've lost from years ago...and they are coming back in a way to gain interaction with you, let you know they are okay.

You don't have to believe me, I don't care. I just know that to be true and whoever it was that I met today, was happy to see me and we got along great.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-24-2009, 11:51 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Made a Friend at Work Today

Mixed feelings Dunbar. I lost my little dog this past Friday. My heart has been very sad.

J.C.

Comment

j.c.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Mixed feelings Dunbar. I lost my little dog this past Friday. My heart has been very sad.

J.C.

Awe damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I have a dog that's nearing that "time" and it's going to crush me when it happens.

Whatever you do...don't go without a new dog someday. They offer too much company and affection to do without.

Youtube is going to be my memory book of sorts for when that time does come, and I'm working deep in my basement searching for a way to clone him.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Gidgit JC.

I've always had pets around, but one time when I was a kid, we lost a cat and a dog within two weeks of each other. Our home no longer felt like a home, it just felt empty.

A short time later my brother returned from an extended "vacation" and was ordered to preform community service. He did his community service at the pound and after much pleading convinced our mom to bring home Murphy. I swear that dog changed his life and turned our house back into a home. My brother and Murphy even ended up on Purina dog chow bags for a while.

Hey, I've got an idea.
          Dunbars little friend could just kind of show up at the pumper show and somehow end up in your room. Bring some copper fittings, just in case.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog JC. I experienced that too many years ago and I still miss him. I know that does not make it any easier for you.
            Sorry.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I am soo sorry to hear about that JC, my heart goes out to you we lost 14 Y.O. Shepard about 2 years ago and there is still an empty spot in our hearts for him

Comment

J.C. sorry for your loss, and Dunbar sorry for the one you are going to lose. That was a cute little dog and it was touching that you were so kind. Maybe your generosity gave him that little extra he needed to survive? I have a feeling that as times get tougher more folks will be faced with either turning their dogs loose or turning them in, don't know which is worse?They give us such unconditional love it's hard to understand how or why folks would hurt them?

Comment

Dunbar one day just over a year ago I had a very similar experience.It was very cold out and someone in the neighborhood I was working told me the owner had thrown the dog out & wouldnt let him back in.The little black dog had followed me all day,he was cold & got in the truck with me to warm up several times.The job was done it was time to leave I got in the truck as I looked out the window at the little dog he looked so sad as if he knew what was about to happen.I opened the door and said come on he did and we went home.Several months passed and I was back in that same neighborhood and a lady came up and said so & so said you took my dog.As I spoke to the woman it became clear she didnt really care about the dog she then handed me all his vets records and said thank you.Blackdog is curled up at my feet as I type now hes my best friend and a really good dog.

Comment

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, when I die I want to go where they are" ~Will Rogers

I have and have had a number of great dogs. Most times I prefer them to many of the people I kow!

Comment

Nicer than many of my customers.

Comment

I've really been wanting a dog but because of the long hours I work I don't think its fair to get one. This video doesn't help!
                        West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                        Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Working...
                        X