Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger king shines

dunbar, this ones right up you alley

yesterday i was out and about and pulled up to a new strip mall burger king. as i was in the drive thru i was blinded by the pipes

looks like they keep their restaurant as clean as their pressure regulator station.

years ago i installed a couple polished brass drinking fountains in the lobby of a hotel. they eventually removed them as they were too hard to keep polished or too lazy

rick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-07-2009, 11:28 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Burger king shines

Somebodies using cheap labor.
    Either that or he's got spare time and he's trying to get in on the rest of the Burger Kings going up during this recession.

Last economic slug I did a BK in Upland.I remember that one,owner sent me out to set finish by myself.I get there and there is a 100 gallon sitting in the parking lot that needed to go inside and on the stand.I didn't give the satisfaction of a phone cal to rag him,conflict gave him a woody.Paid a guy 20 bucks off the street for 4mins of lift.

Didn't get the others.General lost future bids.Our price was good.

I have polished three compartments wastes and rattle canned them with lacquer on new restaurants.People don't appreciate it.

A big bird told me in Japan they would want all the copper polished after soldering.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Somebodies using cheap labor.
      Either that or he's got spare time and he's trying to get in on the rest of the Burger Kings going up during this recession.

Last economic slug I did a BK in Upland.I remember that one,owner sent me out to set finish by myself.I get there and there is a 100 gallon sitting in the parking lot that needed to go inside and on the stand.I didn't give the satisfaction of a phone cal to rag him,conflict gave him a woody.Paid a guy 20 bucks off the street for 4mins of lift.

Didn't get the others.General lost future bids.Our price was good.

I have polished three compartments wastes and rattle canned them with lacquer on new restaurants.People don't appreciate it.

A big bird told me in Japan they would want all the copper polished after soldering.

Someone educate me on this. I've never seen copper that was polished or sanded last as it will patina fairly quickly unless "lacquered up".

Don't get me wrong. Looks real good and prideful. But not for long unless I'm wrong.

J.C.

Comment

Wow, that be slick.

I do this to my water heater installs every now and then. I'll brush clean, not buff the copper out up to where I soldered the new connections on.

What's interesting is when you do that? Over years that copper I cleaned real good as it ages will turn the most unique looking color, like orange looking foil.

I guess the "only" reason that hasn't been stolen is the reality of what happens the second you cut that with a blade...water freaking everywhere.

I cannot understand why plumbers pour concrete around copper; it's guaranteed failure someday.

Good pics...what did you order at BK's?

Try their fountain soft drink >>> Barq's Red Cream Soda.

You talk about a powerful soda; freaking just break the sugar bag and pour it down my throat, I can handle it.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          [/b][/color]

Someone educate me on this. I've never seen copper that was polished or sanded last as it will patina fairly quickly unless "lacquered up".

Don't get me wrong. Looks real good and prideful. But not for long unless I'm wrong.

J.C.

I've got video of a rest area that has a walkway between a battery of men and women restrooms.

All of it is copper, polished the same and when you're standing in the corridor you can peer down this hallway to view the piping system.

Truly awesome looking for the skilled hands who installed it. No signs of failure either.

~sighs~
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
            I've got video of a rest area that has a walkway between a battery of men and women restrooms.

All of it is copper, polished the same and when you're standing in the corridor you can peer down this hallway to view the piping system.

Truly awesome looking for the skilled hands who installed it. No signs of failure either.

~sighs~
            You mean the shine doesn't "patina" away? Maybe noone is polishing anything around here that's why I always think it loses it's shine.

I read somewhere on the copper.org website that it was ok to put copper in concrete but I wonder if they mean totally embedded and not having a transition point from concrete to air.

Just seems common sense to sleeve it in some way though.

J.C.

Comment

We did a remodel of an old estate in Encino where the owner told the painters to put a clear lacquer over our pipes in the basement because she thought they looked so nice.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                We did a remodel of an old estate in Encino where the owner told the painters to put a clear lacquer over our pipes in the basement because she thought they looked so nice.

Mark
                There is a certain well known actress on the Malibu cliffs that felt the same way a couple years ago.Not my contract.But is was nice putting something in knowing that at least one customer is going to appreciate your abilities for a long time to come.....Watch,she'll move and the next owner will cover

Comment

I would have used a double union PRV myself, but other then that, it looks good.

I could post the pictures of my jobs at Burger King, but I don't want to scare anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    dunbar, this ones right up you alley

yesterday i was out and about and pulled up to a new strip mall burger king. as i was in the drive thru i was blinded by the pipes

looks like they keep their restaurant as clean as their pressure regulator station.

years ago i installed a couple polished brass drinking fountains in the lobby of a hotel. they eventually removed them as they were too hard to keep polished or too lazy

rick.
                    You can't tell your wife that you haven't eaten all day and then post contrary photos on the internet!
                    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-07-2009, 06:18 PM. Reason: Housekeeping
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsseatdown View Post
                      you can't tell your wife that you haven't eaten all day and then post contrary photos on the internet!

Busted!!

Comment

That almost looks chemically cleaned. I don't notice the normal scratched look.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          You can't tell your wife that you haven't eaten all day and then post contrary photos on the internet!
                          Wait I need to defend poor Rick. He says you never feed him anything and the only thing you know how to make for dinner is reservations. When I talked to him on the phone last night on his way to his class I told him you were bringing him some scrawny salad. He replied he figured as much so he had stopped for a triple Whopper with Cheese and an extra large chocolate malt at lunch time. Surely you don't expect him to waste away to skin and bones?

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Very nautical.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Wait I need to defend poor Rick. He says you never feed him anything and the only thing you know how to make for dinner is reservations. When I talked to him on the phone last night on his way to his class I told him you were bringing him some scrawny salad. He replied he figured as much so he had stopped for a triple Whopper with Cheese and an extra large chocolate malt at lunch time. Surely you don't expect him to waste away to skin and bones?

Mark
                              Poor Rick was delivered a skirt steak salad. I would have made dinner before his class if I wasn't taking your wife to dinner because you abandoned her!
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X